Wild Type Color Pattern and my EE's

My four EE chicks did indeed all grow up to look different. At 5 mos, one of them laid her first egg and I'm such a proud chicken mom today.

One mystery was whether or not the chicks would receive a blue egg gene. The first one did! Here's the new egg next to one that my pullets were hatched from. My girls are even prettier and more grown up than these pics, but it will give you an idea how different they became.
20181119_141706-1.jpg
20181011_102427.jpg
20181101_175702-1.jpg
20181001_114849.jpg

My four EE chicks did indeed all grow up to look different. At 5 mos, one of them laid her first egg and I'm such a proud chicken mom today.

One mystery was whether or not the chicks would receive a blue egg gene. The first one did! Here's the new egg next to one that my pullets were hatched from. My girls are even prettier and more grown up than these pics, but it will give you an idea how different they became. View attachment 1594639 View attachment 1594640 View attachment 1594642 View attachment 1594647
:love Pretty egg color!
Thanks for coming back to update the thread.

@rascal66 I'm glad you found this thread because I had lost track of where it went.

If you look at the chicks in the very first post, they grew up to be the pullets in post #11. They all looked very similar at first, but ended up being different.

Amazingly pretty EEs with great looking egg colors!
Its amazing with this breed, they can look so similar when young but still be different as they age. Is the bottom pick also a chick you hatched from them?

Back
Top Bottom