Wildlife Photography

Sony a7siii
:eek:
No Way Wow GIF by Alex Trimpe

Congratulations!! That's a top of the line camera.... what lens did you get for it?
I didn't choose the lense, but my mom got me this one.
IMG20220825192128.jpg
To be honest, I don't know much about lenses. In fact, all I know about this lense is what's on the lense itself. It's pretty much just the standard "kit lense" often sold with Sony full-frame cameras. I used to use a telephoto lense, so this one's definitely not what I'm used to. I know I will likely have to relearn a lot of stuff.

A7s iii? I'm Jelly AF. :p Hell of a score!
Ha, yeah lol. It's a mighty beast of a camera! Not that I speak from past experience or anything...I've only just  heard about them up till this point. Can't wait to try it!!!
IMG20220825191602.jpg
IMG20220825191352.jpg
IMG20220825191343.jpg
IMG20220825191331.jpg
IMG20220825191244.jpg
IMG20220825191358.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't choose the lense, but my mom got me this one.View attachment 3236087To be honest, I don't know much about lenses. In fact, all I know about this lense is what's on the lense itself. It's pretty much just the standard "kit lense" often sold with Sony full-frame cameras. I used to use a telephoto lense, so this one's definitely not what I'm used to. I know I will likely have to relearn a lot of stuff.
While it maybe sold with their cameras in bundles, that lens probably doesn’t deserve the typical "kit lens" label. It's a G lens (which is their mid-tier line) with a constant F4 aperture. Their standard, cheaper "kit lenses" usually have variable apertures and will have worse optical quality.

That's a pretty versatile lens that can go fairly wide at 24mm then go tight enough for portraits at 100mm.

I actually don't have any wide angle full frame lenses at the moment. All I have is a Sigma 18-35 f1.8 art, so I have to shoot in crop mode on my FF. I need to find a good full frame wide angle equivalent that works well for astro....

Be sure to thank your momma, she's awesome!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom