Will Bird /Deer Netting keep flying predators out of the Run?

It's the raccoon that turns to face me that's scary! Then I want my 22g, not anything less. Had one like that a couple of years ago; he had abcesses in his brain. At least he wasn't rabid...
Mary

We had a rabies epidemic going on around here and just about wiped out the coon pop but unfortunately not entirely they are making a come back. But talk about scary having them come around in broad daylight acting weird was awful My dh killed a few then we'd have to call and have them picked up to verify it was rabies I had to take my dog and cat in for extra rabie shots too.
I don't walk here with out a gun don't want to take a chance on running into anything rabid.

I go a step further with the deer netting over the run by placing old cds shiny side up every 4-5 feet and at slight varying angles on top of the run. I do that as a secondary deterrent for aerial attacks. It mirrors the sun back in their face making it difficult to navigate an attack if a bird of prey ever decided to try it. But I have bald eagles to deal with on top of various hawks so I'm extra paranoid.

It's the raccoon that turns to face me that's scary! Then I want my 22g, not anything less. Had one like that a couple of years ago; he had abcesses in his brain. At least he wasn't rabid...
Mary
The raccoon that didn’t back down on me wasn’t rabid either. She had her young ones in the tree that she was standing guard by. Yep you can keep your babies momma. At least for now. I went back inside.

I use bird netting over my run, deters the Red Tail Hawks, we have here. So far no issues, haven't had varmint problems as of yet, think the dogs help.
20180218_121253.jpg

I have read that snow will bring down netting though anyone had a problem with that? what about leaves in fall when they start falling?

Back
Top Bottom