Will I survive Kane's teenager stage?

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Kane, our younger GSD, is nearly 13 months old. My sweet, obedient, easygoing boy has hit the teenager stage, hard.

Here are some of his latest tricks:

Aggravating Kitty to no end. He doesn't mess with KiKi (she doesn't fight back). He likes getting clawed and bit in the face apparently.

Opening the refrigerator. The dish towel that was hanging on the frig. door handle and enabling him has been relocated.

Stepping on the foot petal to the trash can and pulling out whatever he can get his mouth on.

Waiting until Mama makes the bed, then sneaking in there and messing it all up again.

Watching for Mama to sit in her chair and then throwing every bit of his 100 lbs. in her lap.

Whining and talking about everything, all day long.

Counter surfing the kitty's table to knock their food dishes down (at least he cleans up the mess he makes).

One of us is not going to survive this stage.
hmm.png

Will I survive Kane's teenager stage?

No, absolutely not. You should send him to me right away, to get him out of your house! Really!
lol.png

"Have fun" <g>,

Pat​

Quote:
No, absolutely not. You should send him to me right away, to get him out of your house! Really!
lol.png

"Have fun" <g>,

Pat

You really want two teenage puppies running around in the house Pat? You are a stronger woman than I am. Thankfully Jax has hit the "I'm a big boy now and know how to behave stage".

Quote:
I have one like that, although she is about 2 years old. She especially seems to love getting clawed in the face. The rest of your stuff I don't see. Of course, mine are outside dogs. They are not allowed in the house.

Quote:
I have a horse who, at one barn where we boarded, got scratched deeply on the tongue by the barn cat... on numerous occasions. You would think after the FIRST time he tried to lick the cat and got his tongue hurt he'd have learned. But apparently no. Maybe it was a gourmet-flavored cat, I don't know, I never tried licking it myself.

You really want two teenage puppies running around in the house Pat? You are a stronger woman than I am. Thankfully Jax has hit the "I'm a big boy now and know how to behave stage".

Russie is not a real teenage puppy, he is abnormally responsible for his age (or maybe just has a guilty conscience, I dunno) and aside from sometimes needing reminders not to pounce the cat he is 100% perfect. (Well, I crate him if I'm away). He is the ultimate "beginners luck" dog, and I have probably used up a lifetime's worth of luck in finding him
tongue.png

Gonna be getting him a dog of his own once Winter is over -- people and cats are nice and all that, but he needs a doggie pal to play with too. Doubtless a second dog will turn out to be a great big mistake but oh well <g>

Pat​

Last edited:
I hear you - am in that same stage with my almost 6 month old cavachons! Tucker is especially naughty. He likes to come up to the fence when its time to come in and then take off the other direction when I open it (back into the fenced part). He has also been very busy trying to dominate his dad - pretty much has. He has jumped the fence twice (luckily both times he wasn't willing to leave his brother behind) and for some reason they have developed a fettish for used q-tips
sickbyc.gif

Now to be fair I was litterally puking sick the last two days and he stayed right by my side on the bed both days.

Oh and mine have figured out how to open the garbage also. Sparky is convinced he hasn't been fed once in his whole 6 months, he is a dog headed for a diet when he is done growing. I think if I had a towel hung on my fridge, he would use it to raid the thing.

Quote:
I don't think Jax comprehends what has happened. Not too long ago he had a puppy he could boss around. Now Kane outweighs and out-muscles him and poor Jax is very confused.

You know, of course, that what you need is a couple of human teenagers to take him outside and wear him out....

Quote:
No thanks. I'd rather have half a dozen more teenage dogs than to have one teenage human in this house. At least my boy doesn't have pants hanging down around his knees.

Back
Top Bottom