**Will it be illegal to grow my own food? WHAT????**

Quote:
Oh I knew you knew, but I think it'd be funny as all get out to see just how many Congressmen and Senators do... tee hee.

And Tala... I donno. Papa Starr (Step Mom's Dad) had a little 6'x6' plot of tomatoes in his front yard... and that was a tiny piece of a large meadow, surrounded by thousands of acres of theirs... wooded... and a chopper hovered over them for a good five minutes before they decided those red and green things hanging off indicated it wasn't pot.
roll.png
Wonder how much that little trip down moron lane cost the taxpayers?

Quote:
Q9, I am SO proud of you! A homeschooled TEEN with a head on his (her?) shoulders!
clap.gif

Please run for office when you get of age, I'll vote for you!

Jen

Quote:
Oh I knew you knew, but I think it'd be funny as all get out to see just how many Congressmen and Senators do... tee hee.

And Tala... I donno. Papa Starr (Step Mom's Dad) had a little 6'x6' plot of tomatoes in his front yard... and that was a tiny piece of a large meadow, surrounded by thousands of acres of theirs... wooded... and a chopper hovered over them for a good five minutes before they decided those red and green things hanging off indicated it wasn't pot.
roll.png
Wonder how much that little trip down moron lane cost the taxpayers?

Oh my goodness!!. Now can you imagine what they are going to do to me when I put up baboom stockade fencing around the entire back yard. I like a mile from where the made a major bust. They have already talked about me bringin "stuff" into to the backyard

All I'm trying to do is cover the ugly chainlink dog run panels so the neighbors ( and my mother) don't complain too much!! Tropical patio, hibiscus flowers, etc...... I just have to aford it and ge teh energh to do it!

Yeah, basically what happened up there. Someone was actually growing the stuff in the boonies of their yard... and mind you we're talking about an area that is considered the boonies by the people that live in the SMALL town to start with. That one weirdo got busted growing the stuff in the woods so they assumed Papa Starr would be stupid enough to build a nice square little bed right out there in front of his drive for everyone to see.
roll.png
Very logical those guys.

What was so odd to me is that rather than landing the dang thing in the giant empty (used to have cows) meadow... nope they sat there hovering for ages before they finally decided they were mators...

Makes me want to plant a bunch of poppies in my front yard just to mess with them... when they show up I'll get myself gussied up in green paint and cackle Poppies POPPIES.
tongue.png

any of these bills that give government more power and the citizens less freedom, will not make it through the house. i will continue to grow and sell, regardless.

Okay, I'll try to approach this logically. I need help in understanding the motivation for this bill. In reviewing the sponsor list, it appears to be bi-partisan, we have:

The entire GA, IL and NM delegations (Chambliss R-GA, Isakon R-GA, Burris D-IL, Durbin D-IL, Udall D- NM, Bingaman D-NM)

as well as Gregg R-NH, Burr R-NC, Alexander R-TN, Hatch R-UT, Enzi R-WY, Dodd D-CT, Klobuchar D-MN, Gilliabrand D-NY, Harkin D-IA.

I get Senators will co-sponsor a bill ("yeah, me too"). What's the special interests of GA, IL, and NM in this bill?

Q9 wrote: Holy freakin' crap. I just glanced at the bill, and saw at least a dozen instances of such vague wording that the Feds could get away with nearly anything! Granted, it was the summary, but the bill itself will inevitably provide even more opportunities

Well, just from the "summary", that you've skimmed, please list those dozen instances that will impact already excluded entities under Section 415 of the FDC Act, as amended by the 2002 Bioterrorism Act (FDA Implementation). I'm from The `Show Me State'; `Show Me' being no whining plea to be led from the darkness by some nebulous authority but, rather, a skeptical challenge delivered flat-up, e.g., `Show Me the money'.

After you've listed the "dozen instances", being the scholar that you are, please check my work and be precise in your criticism, i.e., where did I miss that Farms, Cultivation by Individuals and Restaurants (with 10 are fewer employees) are Not excluded?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=420932&p=10 (post 94)

Forensically speaking, all things being equal, more bite than bark earns more points per round.​

Last edited:
Quote:
Which explains why the big companies want it passed.
roll.png
They LOVE regulations like this - helps to kill smaller competitors that can't afford it. Have you read the text of the bill? It's written in lawyerese. The politicians can have all kinds of fun with it.

Just another reason for me to hurry up and get that AK-47.

Quote:
Well, just from the "summary", that you've skimmed, please list those dozen instances that will impact already excluded entities under Section 415 of the FDC Act, as amended by the 2002 Bioterrorism Act (FDA Implementation). I'm from The `Show Me State'; `Show Me' being no whining plea to be led from the darkness by some nebulous authority but, rather, a skeptical challenge delivered flat-up, e.g., `Show Me the money'.

After you've listed the "dozen instances", being the scholar that you are, please check my work and be precise in your criticism, i.e., where did I miss that Farms, Cultivation by Individuals and Restaurants (with 10 are fewer employees) are Not excluded?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=420932&p=10 (post 94)

Forensically speaking, all things being equal, more bite than bark earns more points per round.

As for those instances, have you bothered to read the text of the bill? Obviously they can't go for home gardens under this, but otherwise they have a LOT of wiggle room. Look at how much power the Secretary is given. "If the Secretary determines..." is all over the place. What constitutes "potential harm?" What constitutes "major changes in methods?"

I 100% agree, "Show me." Number 1 rule in political research - FOLLOW THE MONEY. Look who's sponsoring this. Kraft, General Mills, etc. At any rate, even assuming this bill, by some freak, amazing chance, is not twisted to give the feds massive power, it is STILL illegal. The Constitution is perfectly clear on the extent of the government's power - almost nothing in this bill is permitted.

Back
Top Bottom