Will one chicken get lonely?

Annya Bright

Chirping
Apr 16, 2023
I found this pullet wandering next to a busy road, JFK hospital here in FL. Her beak had been quite near cut off. My cats hang out with her. They nibble her feed & she nibbles theirs lol. I’ve been debating getting a bantam rooster or another pullet but wonder if she needs her own kind?

Welcome. You are wonderful. I think you just rescued a chicken from a factory farm. They cut off part of their beak in order to get them to not peck each other. Of course, the reason why they want to peck each other is because they are in cages and small sickening conditions. Yes, as @janiedoe says - find another two chickens for her.

You ask if she needs her own kind. Any chicken will do. If she is LF (large fowl) it would probably be best to get other LF breeds, but they don't have to be the same breed or variety. She could also get along with bantams if space is a consideration but I would like to hear what others think on this subject.

I found this pullet wandering next to a busy road, JFK hospital here in FL. Her beak had been quite near cut off. My cats hang out with her. They nibble her feed & she nibbles theirs lol. I’ve been debating getting a bantam rooster or another pullet but wonder if she needs her own kind?
Yeah, she would do better with some company.

Back
Top Bottom