Will this be ok?

jconnon

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 20, 2016
Massachusetts
I am on the fence about getting a few ducks and my options for getting what I want locally seem to be pretty slim. I was thinking of ordering from Metzer Farms as I just want a few and just females so i was thinking of ordering one each of Welsh Harlequin, Buff, Rouen, Black Swedish, Cayuga and White Layer so I could have a variety. Six is actually more than I want but that small order fee actually equals two ducks
big_smile.png
. Is it ok to have one of each like that? I tried to pick ducks that were considered calm and about the same size.

I don't have a mixed flock, but from reading on here, many people do! Especially with starting them all together, AND being all females, I don't see how there would be any real issues.

One thing to consider, just as an FYI, the sexing isn't 100% foolproof. Metzers has a great reputation, but there is always the chance that a drake makes the trip to your mailbox. Probably won't, but just wanted to put a bug in your ear to keep an eye out as they mature.

Thanks for the reply, I know its always a possibility I could get a male even if I request all females but I would not be upset if one snuck in.

Back
Top Bottom