Will this pond give ducks botulism?

You could always have the water tested for botulisum and then do random testing if it is good to go as precaution.

You could always have the water tested for botulisum and then do random testing if it is good to go as precaution.

Thank you unfortunately I have already taken down the old pen and have just finished putting up the wire for the new run, have just the pond and picking up thistles to do. Do you have a view on the pumps? I am thinking the first one.

Thank you unfortunately I have already taken down the old pen and have just finished putting up the wire for the new run, have just the pond and picking up thistles to do. Do you have a view on the pumps? I am thinking the first one.

I am not sure as we do not use a pump. We have kiddie pools and old sand boxes and buckets, so we dump and refill. However, others we know do have pumps and they get clogged often so they get stuck scimming the bottom of the pond and replacing filters quite a bit. Ducks love to dirty up their water, so it will never be a pretty pond
1f60a.png
best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom