Will washing machine hoses freeze very easy?

Flame80

Songster
Jul 1, 2020
Deep East Texas Sabine County
I have decided to run underground pvc water pipe to my coop.About 40ft. I am going to tie in to a faucet at my house and connect to pvc. I have ordered a automatic waterer for the chickens. I have to make a crazy kind of turn with the pipe soooo...I am considering hooking a washing machine hose to my faucet for flexability and to get me to my "starting point" where I want to be with the pvc. If I wrap the washing machine hose with foam pipe insulation should it hold up in our east Texas winters? It probably freezes here only 5 or 6 days each winter. I have just never used a washing machine hose outside before. I have gotton tired of filling waterers every

The
I have decided to run underground pvc water pipe to my coop.About 40ft. I am going to tie in to a faucet at my house and connect to pvc. I have ordered a automatic waterer for the chickens. I have to make a crazy kind of turn with the pipe soooo...I am considering hooking a washing machine hose to my faucet for flexability and to get me to my "starting point" where I want to be with the pvc. If I wrap the washing machine hose with foam pipe insulation should it hold up in our east Texas winters? It probably freezes here only 5 or 6 days each winter. I have just never used a washing machine hose outside before. I have gotton tired of filling waterers every
They can freeze. I have had our drain line from our washer freeze up before and had to divert it to that tub sink in order to drain. However I live in Michigan so our winters are much different than yours!!

Back
Top Bottom