Will We Have Ducklings on the Farm?

If there isn't an air cell she maybe sitting on a time bomb[rotten egg] and they are the best egg rollers out there. Someone could easily move one egg to another nest pretty easy.
I'm thinking time bomb :-(

There is certainly rolling going on to get an egg from Martha's nest across the duckhouse to the other nest in the opposite corner. I just want to know the thought process...lol...did Martha kick it out of the nest, and did someone then move it to the other nest? I'm just so curious!

11 July Update: Martha did come off the nest for a little bit this morning (but not at all last night). There is still just the one egg. There were three unattended eggs in the other nest in the duckhouse. It appears as if Stella is over the whole nest thing. Here is the one remaining egg candled this morning. Dud?

marthas egg candled.jpg

So there is an air sac. Needs to draw down before hatch. Look at your chart and kind of determine what day that egg is on.

Yes. There does appear to be an air sac. Is it a problem that it is on the "bottom" of the egg instead of the top like all the charts I see. I don't see any of the veining, but I'm still not seeing it in total darkness (this picture was taken in a dark corner of the duckhouse). I think the furthest along it could be would be is Day 16 (based on a 26 June laying date). Based on the chart, if it's viable, it sure looks like it's further along than Day 16.

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 12.34.20 PM 1.png

Follow Up: Since we only have one egg, and since viability is still questionable, BUT because we are getting close, I want to have some feed on hand in case we have a duckling. We feed our adult ducks Mazuri Waterfowl Maintenance, and we would prefer to feed a duckling Mazuri Water Fowl Starter, but we don't want to buy a 25lbs bag (and pay for shipping) if it's just going to go bad if we have no duckling. What is the best option for ducklings from TSC? Does anyone know anything about the Nature's Best Organic Feeds Duck Crumble?

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 12.47.59 PM.png

These are what I used mom actually used both with out any problems. I’ve never had two ducks brood together so not sure how this will work I’ve had chickens do it and it was great one was mom the other was like big sister. View attachment 2210388I had these in with mom and ducklings till they didn’t need food an water over night
@Miss Lydia Was the Yuban for food and the other for water?

Back
Top Bottom