Will you please post a picture of your rooster?????????

This is E.J. my Delaware roo

45943_015.jpg

this is Roo who is meaner than a junkyard dog and headed for the choppin block

45943_003.jpg

Pepe Le Peu' (Bantam Salmon Faverolles Rooster)
34342_2009_pepe_in_nov.jpg

Pierre Le Garre (Bantam Blue Salmon Faverolles Rooster)
34342_2009_pierre_in_nov.jpg

Pepe & Pierre, back when they were sweet little guys who just loved each, "those were the days."
34342_2009_pepe_pierre.jpg

Quote:
How about Ming? Hitoshi (means 'one')? Taro (means 'strong one') Kiyoshi (means 'quiet; bright, shining, clear')? I tried to name all my chickens from their countries of origin. My 2 Cochin are Shiloh and Meiko, from China.

Your little roo there is very handsome. Congrats!
frow.gif

Lets see if I can do this right....

July-12_0455.jpg

This Lloyl, silver spangled hamburg. Started out as Lola until he started to crow. Was the first one to crow.

Silas.jpg

kissfromSilas.jpg

Silasheadshot.jpg

This is Silas, a dark Brahma, who started out as Celina. He is the number 2 roo. I have to watch him around my 2 boys, around any men, as I think he has a inferiority comlex and likes to challenge them.

BurtsBackside.jpg

This is the only pic I could find of Burt, my #1 roo, a light Brahma. He favors the 2 Aussies and 2 Wyandottes. Silas is quite chummy with the Cochins and little Lloyl gets my 2 little hamburgs.

They are all 6 months old in these pictures. I love my roos!

Last edited:
Quote:
Alright, I like the Buff Barreds. I'm going to try for this color this spring just as soon as I find the right roo with the correct crosses in him to breed to my red hens. I've had this colored birds before but haven't hatched any in a couple of years, so I thought about breeding for some more sometime this comming year.

catdaddy

I love this guy! Tell me what to cross him with, and what will I get? I don't really know what to do with him. He is my only mutt rooster, all the others are purebreds. He's really just hangin' around for fun, cuz we love him!

The Buff barred ones that I hatched were purely accidental or really didn't know what roo was the father but do now thanks to so insight from tadkerson(that dude knows his stuff, now) anyway. From what I gather the roo needs to be a half barred roo like a Black sex-link(RIR, NH,or BO roo x a Barred rock hen) over a red columbian patterned hen (RIR,NH,Pro. red).

I really don't know what to expect form your Buff barred roo crossed with any breeds, sounds like a good topic to post for the genetic experts on here and ought to get some good hits on the Breeds, genetics section. I love this kind of stuff.

Heres a pic. of my Christmas present from my brother a Silver Phoenix roo.

Catdaddyspics956.jpg

catdaddy

Here's Rocky, Light Brahma. The second picture is several months ago. I need to take a newer one.
31698_p1000675.jpg
31698_p1000514.jpg

Gadget and Gizmo, young Partridge Brahma roos.
31698_p1000763.jpg

Romeo, little guy with huge attitude. I'm not sure what he is.
31698_p1000673.jpg

Back
Top Bottom