Wing clipping

Gingernutt

Chirping
Apr 14, 2023
Hello, I have 1 Muscovy that's 14 weeks old and 2 that are 12 weeks old. My female Muscovy that's 12 weeks old is trying to fly and can lift up a little and kind of glide about 12cm far and my one that's 14 weeks (male) flutters his wings a lot but not lifted up off floor.

what age should I start clipping their wings? because I don't want them to fly away and unsure if at this age they are safe to clip or not.

You can clip them now if you want. Just be careful you don't take too much off as muscovy like to roost. Mine fly about but have never flown off. Not sure of you situation. You may need to clip again as they grow as they may grow those feathers back in. Just make sure none are new feathers with blood in the shaft before clipping.

You can clip them now if you want. Just be careful you don't take too much off as muscovy like to roost. Mine fly about but have never flown off. Not sure of you situation. You may need to clip again as they grow as they may grow those feathers back in. Just make sure none are new feathers with blood in the shaft before clipping.
just checked my girl and she still got blood in a few of her feather shafts

Back
Top Bottom