Wing Speculum- Blood Feathers

Lincoln109

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2018
Michigan
If this thread has already been created somewhere and answered, I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

Today my approximately 4 week old Khaki Campbell broke one, possibly three blood feathers. I was very concerned when I noticed blood on my hands and droplets on the floor. I applied a little pressure with a paper towel once I found where the bleeding was coming from and it slowed down. I’ve checked in on the duckling and there hasn’t been anymore bleeding and it didn’t break off all the way down, maybe just midway.

Is there anything specific I should be doing? I don’t want the duck to experience any discomfort or pain, but I am new to raising ducks and I just don’t know what else I should be doing.

If this thread has already been created somewhere and answered, I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

Today my approximately 4 week old Khaki Campbell broke one, possibly three blood feathers. I was very concerned when I noticed blood on my hands and droplets on the floor. I applied a little pressure with a paper towel once I found where the bleeding was coming from and it slowed down. I’ve checked in on the duckling and there hasn’t been anymore bleeding and it didn’t break off all the way down, maybe just midway.

Is there anything specific I should be doing? I don’t want the duck to experience any discomfort or pain, but I am new to raising ducks and I just don’t know what else I should be doing.
Welcome to BYC! Can you post some pictures?

I’m sorry the photos aren’t very good. It’s clotted and the blood has dried.

Attachments

• 45E0AFED-8EA7-4B77-AFA1-B08F45F3082D.jpeg
    45E0AFED-8EA7-4B77-AFA1-B08F45F3082D.jpeg
    426.2 KB · Views: 5
  • A2FB8F82-2ED8-41F8-AE59-CEA653CE2754.jpeg
    A2FB8F82-2ED8-41F8-AE59-CEA653CE2754.jpeg
    317.8 KB · Views: 5

:welcome

Back
Top Bottom