Winter incubation set, anyone else!!

Did you help them?

they didnt start to hatch, when i cracked them all open they was dead.
sad.png

they didnt start to hatch, when i cracked them all open they was dead.
sad.png

What temp was the incubator and the humidity? Did they drown? I thought they shrink wrapped... that is when they pip and start to dry out and get stuck in the egg and can't get out.

I am sorry... that is very upsetting to get that far to end up with nothing.
hugs.gif

I just candled preparing for lockdown tomorrow and I have 5 eggs that seem to be quitters
barnie.gif

so I think I am down to 7 viable eggs.... Hoping I get something to hatch. I borrowed a brinsea Eco 20 to hatch in as I have some Maran & Orpington eggs dues 5 days after the silkies. The post office played hockey with those boxes so I am afraid to candle them!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Lockdown tomorrow night ...... Wish me luck.

aw!!
sad.png
I hope that it goes well for you and you have some fuzzybutt pictures to share!

I just candled preparing for lockdown tomorrow and I have 5 eggs that seem to be quitters
barnie.gif

so I think I am down to 7 viable eggs.... Hoping I get something to hatch. I borrowed a brinsea Eco 20 to hatch in as I have some Maran & Orpington eggs dues 5 days after the silkies. The post office played hockey with those boxes so I am afraid to candle them!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Lockdown tomorrow night ...... Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Set my eggs the 8th at 5pm. Is Lock down thus or friday? Out of 23 home grown amercauna roo with mixed flock I have 14 moving around :) also for lockdown humidity should be a high as I can get it? First timer and dont want to mess up in the home stretch!!

My lock down is today, I am just getting ready to take the turner out and get the humidity up. I will up my humidity to about 60 or 70%. I did do a dryer hatch this time so that is what is dictating my humidity level. Good luck to everyone!

We are in LOCKDOWN! Tossed out the 21 eggs that never developed, removed the turner, added water, put remaining 20 eggs on wire screen in a group and bumped humidity up to 60%. Praying that all the eggs hatch and chicks are happy and healthy!!

Back
Top Bottom