winter tractor/coop ideas?

Annalisa

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 9, 2009
Last winter we got by with our old garage, but it's time to build something for them to be safe, warm and free from snow underfoot. I want a tractor/coop design so we can move it around again next spring. We do get snow here in Eastern Wa.

Sooooo, any pics of what's worked for you? We've got 4 hens and will probably add a couple more once I find some marans pullets. I want something that will withstand weather but not be too cumbersome or complicated to build as I'm a somewhat handy gal, but have a tight budget and 4 kids distracting me frequently so I gotta keep it simple.
wink.png

Check out my byc page and look at the tractor my dh built. We move it every day and it works well for our 8 girls. It is fully insulated and during this heat wave has been cool insided. Havent been through the winter yet but I expect it will also do well. Most of the wood was either lying around or given to us. Only the 2x4s, hardware and tires were puchased (and a few odds and ends). The run was also built from our old well water pipe that we replaced. Easy to move since it is pvc and was built to fit the tractor.

Back
Top Bottom