winterize

zrkr

Hatching
10 Years
Jul 21, 2009
I need suggestions on what I could use to keep the wind from blowing in the little door and the chickens could still go in and out.

If its into a run you could use plastic around the run. If your chickens are free range you could build a baffle of sorts to block the wind from coming directly in the coop.

I've heard of folks hanging strips of burlap or clear plastic in the pop door to cut the wind. Tack them back in the beginning and let the chickens get used to walking through them. Untack one strip at a time until they are all hanging down.

For a door curtain I use translucent plastic shelf liner, it's pretty heavyweight, cut in strips about10" wide. For a serious wind-comin'-in-the-door problem, though, you are better off making a windbreak out of strawbales or whatnot.

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

You could try and extend the door. I mean like make a tunnel with bales or something so that it is more protected from the wind and they can still walk through. Dont make it too small though cause they might not want to go through and then they could get trapped outside.

Back
Top Bottom