Wireless Thermometers

I put one in a month or so ago. It will record high and low temps so it helps knowing how cold it was during the night or hot during the day. I think I spent about $20-25 at Lowes. Works well. Also showed humidity. My base station is about 50' from the temp sensor.

Alex

Got home and checked the brand. Acu-rite.

Hope this helps,

Alex

Alex,
I'm a little late to this post...but also want to add a thermometer to our coop. How is the thermometer holding up? I hear some eat batteries like crazy.
Thanks in advance for any info!
Dan

Dan,

its been about 5 months since I began using this thermometer and I'm still on the first set of batteries. No complaints at all. Has not lost the signal even once. I do blow out the sensor in the coop occasionally from the dust that accumulates on/in it.

Alex

I have an Acu-rite as well. The coop is approx 150 feet from where the I have the reader, it works great, I think it can be up to 300 feet from the reader. I've had it out there since june with no issues, no battery changes yet. I only wish it had a humidity reader. I do keep a thermometer in the hen house that reads humidity.

Decided to monitor the temps and humidity in the coop.
Chose the Lacrosse Technology wireless station.

Have had not problems with it but if too many *walls",
between the sensor and the Readout, you may have problems.

I used the local as my *office temp*, and the Outside sensor as the coop temp.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00772E9CE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Had initial problems, but the e-mail support is outstanding !!
Was a matter of using good batteries.
*Old* Batteries, often have dirty contacts ...

For coops, the Accurite brand is a good economical choice...if you want to get more expensive and fancy, then LaCrosse and Davis are the way to go. (I am a weatherman by the way!
wink.png
)

Last edited:
Just got my Acurite in the mail and put batteries in and the sending unit out in the coop, up sort of high, near the roosting bar.

24 deg outside, and 30 deg inside, humidity 48%
From the reviews that I've read, the humidity readings are inacurate, but it's what I've got.
I'll be interested in seeing the temp and humidity in the coop in the early am tomorrow and Friday. Gonna be near 0 deg thursday night here.

Back
Top Bottom