Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

have a few minutes here,

CC wrote:
and had to wipe them with a damp rag anyway to get the dust off. I have found a damp rag works best for me.

For Me too CC, only I mostly take a shower..

You are correct Dr H.. I gave myself until noon today, to find a pulley.. and then I called F&H and ordered one.. $43.25/ea..
No that is not cheap, but they have me over a barrel. will be here in no less than 7 days..

I have quail eggs #54 thru #66 to go into the bator.. I have to start another tray..

Annie is saving the turkey eggs for a lady who "just cannot stand to see an egg not hatched" sound familiar?? LOL

she would like some Bourbon Red eggs too.. I can't help her out on that one..

she called and left a message that whe wants to watch me butcher some chickens.. willing to learn..

It is either skunks or coons that will turn over large chunks of sod to get at those June Bug grubs..

..........jiminwisc..........

Nope--wasnt me to post that dispenser...but I NEED one! We dont refrigerate our eggs either (just like the Europeans) and I dont wash them I-ther. (didnt know how to spell it so you would "say it right!) Gotta go run a 4H meeting...more later--maybe! Terri O

D.gif
I bet the booted Golden Necked are adorable!
love.gif

It was Amyable that posted the cool egg thing.

I bet some of you guys who are good with tools (I mean metal working tools!) could make some up and sell them to us poor BYC folks!
wink.png

Last edited:
Does anyone know what this bush or tree is, by any chance? Cind? I have been trying to figure it out but it has me stumped. Everything similar that I find says that they produce noticible flowers, but in the spring this one has very, very tiny inconspicious green flowers. I wouldn't have even known that it had flowers at all if I hadn't gone & inspected it one year.

Whatever it is, it is pretty slow growing except in it's first couple of years. At a young age, it has smooth, shiny bark. Right now they are about 15-ish or so feet tall and the birds love the berries. They have been starting to spring up all over creation lately.

85638_038.jpg

85638_043.jpg

85638_044.jpg

Thanks for all the help with the grubs.
hugs.gif
Will try the lime. Is it ok for the chickens if we do the lawn? Amy that egg thing is cool, sure hope they do sell them here.
What do you charge for those of you who sell eggs ????
Have a good sleep
wink.png

Susie

CC, I agree with Cindlady that it looks like a Buckthorn. Those are nasty little trees and if I remember correctly they are considered invasive because the birds love them so much they spread their seeds far & wide and they're really wreaking havoc in WI woods knocking out the native plants & trees. Some places still carry & sell them but we cut down all we had on our property. Other people still have them so we have new babies every year and then there are those I missed digging out last year. They are tenacious buggers! The first year the babies are easy to pull up and out, but from the 2nd year on there's no pulling them, you have to use a shovel and dig super deep to get the root out. If you hack them back at soil level, they just laugh at you and grow back up again. I don't like them at all as they are a super pain in the donkey. Pretty bark though. Birds will also poop them all over your laundry if you hang it out (similiar to the mess they make with mulberries).

Elaine

Back
Top Bottom