Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Heres my pic of the day. I did not take this picture, just passing it along to share.

5531_happy-flowers.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Ditto.
I agree with you, Jim. Really I do. I was just passing on some info I read once. I don't wash my eggs unless they are soiled, & then only lightly like Amy. I have tried the sandpaper method, but did not think it was effective, and had to wipe them with a damp rag anyway to get the dust off. I have found a damp rag works best for me.
Quote:
I want one of those!
gig.gif

Awesome pic, Tiki. Too cute!

Tiki that's a funny pic! Agree with raim sneeze in progress
lol.png
Alergies!
lau.gif
Jim thanks for input! These came cleaned all I had to do was cut them up and throw them in the freezer to be firm enough to vacuum seal. I cut around the legs and break the back and cut the hind qtrs off and split the back bone for leg/thigh qtrs then cut the wings off and remove the wing tips. Then cut along the base of the ribs to remove the breast that leaves the neck and back intact for soup.
droolin.gif
The guy did an excelent job of raising them nice yellow fat! The size just blows me away compaired to that nasty downtown stuff. The wings are bigger than drumsticks. They had 90 birds to do today but they have an army of family to help. Talked him into 10 for us next year.
ya.gif
Is the pulley ? some kind of test? You know it will wear out the belt unless it's not real bad. Once metal is bent it tends to return to the bent stage even after straightening it. The grains of the metal align themselves and don't like to be realigned. It can be done with the right application of heat and cooling. But in a light application it might work. But something with a higher carbon content like a hydraulic ram is a no no for trying to use after straightening. It's a death wish. The pulley belt thing made me think that maybe your gonna be buying a new one soon. You do know some belts are only made to be run on the V and not with a tensioner pulley on the back side of it? That might explain the major price difference. AND giving beer to slugs is whats known as alcohol abuse! Unless it's someone elses cheap stuff.
lau.gif
Susie"J" Lime the crap out of your garden and yard! It will neutralize the soil. If it's those big white grubs [think their june bugs] that's what the moles are after too. Time to bag da chicken!

Does anyone have any pure bred eggs they can ship to me? A friend just got her daughter an incubator and she's looking for some eggs to hatch. She's in 4H and wants something to show at the county fair. PM me with breed and price 10 eggs. Thank you.

If you cant find anyone I could come up with Ameraucanas and bantam cochins in 3 weeks from day I separate. Should put hatch after October first which would be perfect timing for 4H.

Back
Top Bottom