Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Awwww, man! Cind, they look exactly like the pic in your 2nd link. Those things are everywhere around here now. I remember when we had only one clump of them. Great! Guess I know what DH & I will be doing this fall....... Lovely!
Thank you so much for the info!
smile.png

They don't have any thorns, but they might just be one type of them. I didn't read your links thoroughly enough tonight. More research tomorrow. And then guess what we'll be doing this weekend? And in the future??????
somad.gif

Thank you all!

WOW--I cant believe that there is ONE species of invasive tree/bush/plant that I dont have!
ya.gif
It is very pretty looking though...I can see why folks might leave it for the birds to eat--kind of like my mulberries...So can people eat them too? Ya know CC--if you can eat them, and start picking them, all the trees will probably die because they will be useful!

Man I sure hope Jim isnt posting right now too...you are right, we are leading parallel lives Jim! It is pretty spooky t say the least.
My 4H meeting went well. A small group. They were very happy to get their fair checks; not so happy to learn that all members have to turn in a record book this year! Our pizza and pie sale is happening right now too...some do well, others-not so much!

If you guys havent checked out the winning coops yet you should! They are fantastic! I should have entered my paper one...maybe I would have gotten and honorable mention? LOL! I am going to take my GF beer up t o bed and read my book--hard work cooking tomorrow!

Nighties! Terri O

good PM, Suzie, I charge $2.50/doz

Have you ever heard of Hawthorn? It has short , stout, sharp thorns all over the trunk and branches. spreads through the root system like blackberries. we fought them back along the woods at Mom's house for 65 years.. when she sold her house, and nobody kept them at bay, they rept across the garden and half way across the lawn in about 5 years. about 30 feet. nasty things..

a miracle happened tonight.. all the birds went in without a hitch. by the time I had everything else locked up, the geese had let themselves into their coop.. all I had to do was shut doors..

Annie found a pipped turkey egg in a nest with no cluck on it.. she brought it in,, It was cold and not moving.. I popped it into the hatcher, raised the humidity to 66% and it revived and hatched.. #6

looks like we are going to have a bunch of turkeys named Thanksgiving and Christmas..

this "cutting my flock numbers" down for winter is not going very well.. we did sell 3 baby ducks, 2 americaunas, and 6 guineas today..
.......jiminwisc........

TO, yup again.. I was typing when I saw your post come in..

I have to wait for my pulley for the lawn mower,so today I decided to take all three blades off and give them a proper sharpening.. tomorrow I am going to reassemble the mower deck except for the missing pulley..

there is a very large steam engine show and a large flea market going on from tomorrow through Sunday.. It is near Edgar, just South of Sth 29.. about 5 miles South of Marathon City and then West a couple of miles.. I THINK the hwy is N.. to the west..

I think the entrance fee is $5,oo but there is more than you can look at in one day.. I have been to it a few times, and I am planning on going this year.. pancake feed, and food stands, steam popped corn.. home-made ice cream. and about 4 acres of flea market.. threshing demonstrations , log sawing, antique machinery. pony rides, an actual one room school museum.. and much more..

Quote:
what about SQ booted gold neck?

I'm sending her all the offers and seeing what she is interested in. Hopefully not the bantam cochin eggs someone mentioned because I would need some too. I just adore mine.

ummmmm.... nothing like a bowl of plain old ordinary corn flakes!
droolin.gif
I like the shredded wheat that look like bales of straw too. You can keep all that sugar coated junk.

I am watching "My Collection Obsession" This woman is collecting life like dolls.... she has REAL kids at home yet. The dolls are the real kids "brothers and sisters".... it's beyond words!
roll.png

Well, not much to say... any word on the south bash?

Night!

Good cool Morning All! BCC those are neat lookin birds! Jim we have a small local show here it gets bigger every year. Plan on going this year. I can just see you riding a pony.
lol.png
Have a ton of the buckthorn here too without the thorns. Man do those things grow fast! The tent catapillars like em too. The camper is ready to go home tomorrow.
ya.gif
Actually got 2 eggs yesterday hope their moult is coming to an end! Get to take a ride down to my mental neighbors place and drag a trailer loaded with 4 cord of wood home. He's owed me money for a wood furnace I sold him for years. He refuses to get a job because he would have to give them his SS #
roll.png
He told me he can't afford the gas to get it here even though the deal was for cut, split, and delivered. He rides his bike into town year round, 4 miles one way even in the dark. Wears dark clothes and no lights. He's gonna be a grease spot one of these days/nights. Could tell you so many stories about him but one of my favorites is that he bought a harp because he liked harp music. You or I would have bought a tape or cd. Never learned to play it and had to sell it at tax time. Better get movin! Everybody SMILE!

Back
Top Bottom