Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Quote:
Hwy BuckCreek nice! So glad he is bak. He's nice. Well you can be pretty certain he wasnt setting on eggs.
big_smile.png
But ya never know, chickens seem to be ful of surprises.

I this like a Thai jungle fowl, something like that?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what he is, the reason I call him and his ladies my "Hmong" chickens is the fellow I got him from said they came from Vietnam, and Papa was worth $500 its a possiable they are Ga Noi

I am not familiar with those, but have heard chickens like this type go for a lot of money.

I need a nap. The silkie roo I picked up last night kept me up most of the night.He couldnt settle down after his trip but he seems to be better now.
smile.png
I think I got about 2 hrs sleep.

Last edited:
Quote:
I lost my rooster to a predator this summer.. I still have the 2 hens.. and I also have 9 young ones.. I think there is at least one rooster in the bunch.. too soon to tell, yet.. I like those jungle fowl.. they are so people friendly, and they do not go around picking fights with the other birds.. although, they will not back down if challenged..

so if something happens to your rooster let me know,, maybe I can help you out with another one..

I had a RP Tom turkey disappear for two weeks one time.. I think he joined up with a flock of wild ones.. then in the fall he went missing again,, but that time he did not come back.. I have been watching for white wild turkeys, but nothing yet..LOL

I had to laugh at a tiny tom this morning.. He was picking a fight with a barred rock rooster of the same size... such bravado.. LOL

.........jiminwisc.........

do yours look like these, I've been looking for someone who has them too, so if I loose the roo or a lot od hens there is someone I can buy/get replacments from, if so maybe we can do some trading for blood lines

Mine are UkoKei, but they do look like that photo of yours.. The Ukokei have black legs.. some of mine have yellow legs like one of my hens.. I don't think she is Ukokei.. so those would be cross breeds..

I have a photo of my deeased rooster, but I can't post it on byc.
PM me your email and I can send it to privately..

Evening All... good to see you back TO! I just use natural lighting for the flocks. My experience has been that most all pullets lay through the first year without any additional light provided. If the barn provides light through windows you should be ok. Depends how much natural light is coming in the barn?

Jim I agree with you that your roo likes Ga Noi and not Ukokei....when i saw him this Spring that's what I thought. Ukokei should look more like silkies I'm thinking? Just sayin.

Quote:
the lady I got them from said they were ukokei.. I have never seen a Ukokei, or a silkie before.. I looked up Ukokei on two websites and they look like my rooster did at the time of his surmise.. I am starting to think there is no difference in these chickens, just differences in what they are called .. ?

I had one Hmong lady go just about nuts trying to buy these chicks from me.. she came back 5 times to see if I was ready to sell..

the photo is of the rooster when he was only a couple months old.. He added lots of feathers and bulk in his second year..

Good evening! I am relaxing after work...didnt get home until 5:30 (had to stop at the store for celery and potatoes for my pot roast!) DD25 had already eaten cause she has a softball game tonight and DH is not yet home...*sigh* He is working in town all week--what am I to do?
barnie.gif
gig.gif
I decided to make some GF bread to go with the pot roast...cant wait to try it...my first attempt and I made some substitutions because I didnt have millet flour. I used sorghum flour instead because it is in the same clas (grainy) as the millet so it "should" work! This GF baking thing is pretty fun...I measure everything in grams on my kitchen scale...you use no yeast but the recipe did call for 5 egg whites! Yeah, another use for them!

I almost thought I had a buckeye egg this morning...there was an egg in a different place--but it was the Wellsummer's. THe Wheaten Amer. is still only thinking about laying...she goes into the box about every 15 minutes and looks worried and then comes out. I hope she will lay soon!

Yesterday I got my fence stretched out so now I know how much more I need...raining today so I didnt do anything out there but hope to get it up and functional by this weekend. I did have a nice score today though; The house on Blackhawk Island next to my client was torn down by the state and I got a mess of red brick and 8 or so cement blocks! I also got 2 5 gal pails of nice sand. I wish our dump truck was working because I would have DH go down there tonight and load it up with sand...my horses need more for their rolling place and I bet I could dump a bunch in the dry lot and conker some of the mud! I think I will use the cement blocks to make a duck coop. There is a guy that has a really nice little trailer that I am going to copy...minus the wheels! it looks like a little house and I think it would be perfect for ducks...then they might stay out of the chicken coop! (I wish)
Here is a pic of some of the sheds that that guy builds near me:
46457_img_3881.jpg

46457_img_3880.jpg

46457_img_3879.jpg

And here is a picture of my dinner last night! (in case you wanted to see...) Everything was grown here or right near here!
46457_img_3892.jpg

I couldnt resist putting this picture on...arent they just adorable?
46457_img_3890.jpg

I was picking beans yesterday and spotted them! This type of eggplant produces like mad and the fruits are like the size of crock pickles. They have no bitterness like the deep purple ones and you dont have to peel them either! I really like them.

My bread is smelling soooo good...I do believe I will put a pic up of that too! (might as well type a long time since I didnt get to be on this morning! I did get something done before I had to go to work though! Just took the bread out at 45 minutes...not done. I gave it ten more. I guess I will go ahead and post this now...or else you will get to read ten more minutes of me rambling!
hide.gif
I will go back and read what I missed!
Later! Terri O

Quote:
Well I had a reply but it vanished into thin air !!!

To, between you and Bigzio you make me crave good healthy food !!! Just plain old frozen pizza for us here tonight. I"m having another bout of arthritis in my neck, either that or its' TMJ but I have a terrible ear ache along with it !! Feel like SH!T !!! I've tried ice packs every kind of pain killer I have to no avail. I think I might bake a potato and put that on my ear !!! NO kidding !! Then I might even hit the liquor cabinet !!!

To I have to ask, I know you've probably already told us but what exactly do you do? I get confused as to who your clients are? People, pets or both ??? LOL
Those are some nice little barns. The clear roof would sure help with light !!
I got a weird colored egg today too. Green with alot darker splashes on it. The truly weird part about the colored eggs is that you can actually scrub off the color. Makes you wonder how it is applied in the first place!!

Chickens got apples for snacks today. Boy do they love those !!
I felt like I was at Jim's place today. I moved all of my young guineas into their own camper !! I have 28 guinea keets total. Plus the 6 adults what are in with the chickens (down from 11-13 I started with, I think the remaining ones are all males)

Dr Ha, I can't remember what you suggested for the arthritis ???? Care to share again?? I'm desperate. Plus I think staying off the internet and computer would help alot !!! LOL

Well, Pizza's done, back to lurking !!

Last edited:
I am back and I am STUFFED! Tried a new recipe for pot roast tonight and it was great! I always used to use Lipton onion (or the generic) on my pot roast but cant use that anymore...this one was from my GF slow cooker book. OK--Here is the pic of the bread I made this evening:
46457_img_3893.jpg

And here sliced:
46457_img_3895.jpg

I baked it for 10 extra minutes and it still looked as though it could have baked a bit longer. Didnt want the crust to get too brown though. Maybe my oven needs calibrating again? It seems to get off every year or so...

FT--I take care of Elderly in their homes. Personal cares, shopping, setting up meds, appointments, talking to docs that kind of thing. I also work with a pet sitting company doing dog walks and weekend house sitting. I havent been doing too much of that lately though...the people close by have discontinued for now. Keeps me busy anyhow!
Jim--did you notice that we were typing AGAIN at the same time last post? It is getting kinda creepy...
BigZ--tried the "recipe" for my reg coke tonight...it tastes almost the same but not quite! Maybe it was my bottom shelf rum?

We are having a nice rain here for the last couple of hours. I am glad, the garden really needed it! Well, I am off to bed now. First I have to lock up the chickens though--there were a few still outside when I went out at 7:30!
Good night all! Sweet Dreams...Terri O

FT, I have had the mother of all sinus infections since Thursday (well, actually for longer but didn't know it) and let me tell ya, Tylenol, Tylenol PM & the liquor cabinet have been my best friends lately.
lau.gif

I really hope you can find some relief soon. Being in pain is the most miserable of experiences.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom