Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

wee.gif
I just can't help myself!
wee.gif

It is snowing down here. It is freakin' SNOWING. Down here. This close to the lake.
barnie.gif

I agree, Bigz, it is waaaaayyyyyy too early for this junk. And I don't even want to think about last winter.

Can't wait to hear about all the pileups on the news tonight. We had numerous accidents yesterday when it was raining.

FM, you just stop that dancing now!

Geeezzzz... I ONLY have 21 pages to read to get caught up.... but too tired at the moment. Just got home for Illinois (great, now I have CCR singing in my head!) and the birth of my grand daughter yesterday. She was uncerimonious evicted at 5:27 p.m. yesterday afternoon, much to her dismay! Took her less than 2 seconds to voice her protest at her entry into our world, bless her heart. She arrived a nice healthy 8lbs 1oz.

Only took me 5 grandkids to make it to a birth and there are no words to describe the emotions you feel... and and nothing better than uttering "Welcome to the world Allison," as she made her appearance.

Here's our little darling, Allison Marie (named after my mother and Jim's grandmother) just moments after arriving in our world.

71237_dsc_7173.jpg

I'll get on later and catch up, I promise. Hope all are well and life is good for one and all.

Blissfully
Deb
smile.png

Dreary day here !!!! I called my egg customers and said I will bring eggs on Friday. They will take the pullet eggs. I don't want to loose my customers so I will sell those for $1
a dozen for now. I am going to deworm my chickens with Valbazen, one coop at a time. I saw they carrry it at the Fleet Farm in GreenBay !!
Haven't checked at FF in Antigo. It sells for $34.99 at FF. I paid $37.99 I think but with mail order no tax.

Yep Jim, I have 9 PeaFowl total.

6 PeaHens, (2 white with splashes, might be pied ??) and 4 India Blue, they could very well be split to Pied or Black Shoulder ????? but still look like the India Blues.

3 PeaCocks (my original 2 India Blues) and the newest Black Shoulder from Rick.

They all very well could be split to something. Only breeding with different colors would tell for sure what you have.

Jim, check out this thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=590522

I'm
done looking for peahens now. So I will keep my eyes open for you !!! Mysery loves company !!1

If the dang Sun would ever shine up here I would take some pictures of the new PeaFowl. And my new little boy Giovani !!! He is adorable. Spice seems to like him and I think he is good for her. She is a bit hyper and he is so laid back. I am going to deworm all the horses and hopefully the goats this weekend.

Got a deal on Goat Mineral Blocks at Tractor Supply. They originally sold for $10.99, marked down to $5.99 because they are going to expire in Feb or ??? Also got some goat feed (just for snacks) and cracked corn marked down.

Still looking for feed bags to make totes with. I would like to make a bunch of dog and cat ones before I offer to make them for the animal shelter to sell. I don't want to commit til I have some. Then hopefully they will provide me with some bags.
Need to find some ugly bags to practice on.
Hey Jim, You feed anything in those plastic type feed bags, FF brand etc? You are the closest to me.

As soon as my hair drys it's out to the coops, DH didn't air up my ATV tire yet !!!! Suppose I"ll have to struggle to get into the garage to plug the thing in !!!
th.gif
Yah know I don't mind doing that kind of stuff at all, I'm no helpless woman but for crying out loud, quit making it so difficult for me to get around !!!!! Guess I make it look to easy, tripping without falling !!!
th.gif

Oh, I"ve been meaning to ask. For all of you hobby farmers out there. Can any of you reccommend a good home/farm owners Insurance company? Someplace that will insure a place with animals. Getting to many to sneek past my homeowners
hide.gif

Somehow we lost the game !!!! Who done it ????? So I will start again cause I'm to lazy to look back.

Winter Blizzard

ETA Deb she is precious !!! Very healthy looking !!! Love those cubby little hands !! My nieces little girl will be 1 yr old on Dec 3rd. They named her Adalyn. Kenai (middle name from the kenai River in Alaska where they got married) I know what you mean about songs going thru your head. I gave Adie a rocking horse that sings. "I'm a pretty pony, Klippity Klop, Klippity Klop. Such a Pretty Pony, Klippity Klop Klippity Klop"............................ they sent me a video of her ridding it and she keeps pressing the ear and here we go again ......."I'm a pretty pony, Klippity Klop, Klippity Klop. Such a Pretty Pony, Klippity Klop Klippity Klop"............................
It goes thru my head all day, every day now !!!!
lau.gif
Doesn't help that I keep watching the video !!!
So glad she arrived healthy and that you made it home before the storm hits down by you !!!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
Robin that is way to funny !!!! I was actually just starting to wind down so I could get to bed early tonight and read your post !!!!
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
The sad part about it is IT IS SO TRUE !!!!
lau.gif

If I had the money and the truck tires weren't almost bald I'd go for it. What's another road trip right ???? You know that's not such a bad idea for going on road trips !!! Just haul the coop around and pick things up !!!
Yesterday I came home with 3 more peahens and a free guinea. There other guineas were all victims of predators and this was the last one standing. She asked if I wanted to buy him and I said I would take him if she wanted to just find him a home with other guineas. I drove 140 miles to get the peafowl and she wouldn't drop a penny on them
somad.gif
After seeing her place I now know why too !!! One of those kind of people, with money !!!
smack.gif

Anyway so now I have 6 new peafowl ready to breed next spring and 3 of my 1.5 yr olds that could possibly think about laying next year.
Those birds are strong, let me tell ya. Now I have more feathers to add to my collection !!! I tryed getting them out of the vari Kennels and when I went to grab her I pulled the tail feathers out. Boy do they come out easy !!

Jim, do you know if that guy has any more of that hay for $1.50 for the 60 lbs bales? Squares right? How many bales do you think would fit on your trailer ????
hugs.gif

Well, my brain is fading and I"m drifting off so I had better close before I start sleep typing. I'm really beat today but I had to go to town AGAIN today. DH told me last night that he was out of his coumidan !!!!! So had to call the doc for a refill. Then drive 30 to go get it !!!
THEN when I got home DH asks me if I got dog food for the big dogs ???? NO I didn't, so guess what I have to do tomorrow ?? Plus people want eggs and I have hardly any !!!! I'm really starting to think I want out of the egg selling business !!!! Selling hatching eggs is one thing but eating eggs are a whole new ball game. I'm tired of playing !!! These people seem a bit put out that the hens aren't laying, WELL EXCUUUUuuuUUUSSSE Me !!!
smack.gif

Oh and the lady I got the peafowl from gave me some duck eggs. Think they may be runner mix. Some she had their were adorable, black and white. So I might put them in the bator. And my very tiny Dutch bantam's just started laying so I might put them in there too !!

Ok night all, I'll try to catch up in the morning.

Oh and
welcome-byc.gif
to all the newbies !!!

do you breed dutch bantams?!

Quote:
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
Robin that is way to funny !!!! I was actually just starting to wind down so I could get to bed early tonight and read your post !!!!
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
The sad part about it is IT IS SO TRUE !!!!
lau.gif

If I had the money and the truck tires weren't almost bald I'd go for it. What's another road trip right ???? You know that's not such a bad idea for going on road trips !!! Just haul the coop around and pick things up !!!
Yesterday I came home with 3 more peahens and a free guinea. There other guineas were all victims of predators and this was the last one standing. She asked if I wanted to buy him and I said I would take him if she wanted to just find him a home with other guineas. I drove 140 miles to get the peafowl and she wouldn't drop a penny on them
somad.gif
After seeing her place I now know why too !!! One of those kind of people, with money !!!
smack.gif

Anyway so now I have 6 new peafowl ready to breed next spring and 3 of my 1.5 yr olds that could possibly think about laying next year.
Those birds are strong, let me tell ya. Now I have more feathers to add to my collection !!! I tryed getting them out of the vari Kennels and when I went to grab her I pulled the tail feathers out. Boy do they come out easy !!

Jim, do you know if that guy has any more of that hay for $1.50 for the 60 lbs bales? Squares right? How many bales do you think would fit on your trailer ????
hugs.gif

Well, my brain is fading and I"m drifting off so I had better close before I start sleep typing. I'm really beat today but I had to go to town AGAIN today. DH told me last night that he was out of his coumidan !!!!! So had to call the doc for a refill. Then drive 30 to go get it !!!
THEN when I got home DH asks me if I got dog food for the big dogs ???? NO I didn't, so guess what I have to do tomorrow ?? Plus people want eggs and I have hardly any !!!! I'm really starting to think I want out of the egg selling business !!!! Selling hatching eggs is one thing but eating eggs are a whole new ball game. I'm tired of playing !!! These people seem a bit put out that the hens aren't laying, WELL EXCUUUUuuuUUUSSSE Me !!!
smack.gif

Oh and the lady I got the peafowl from gave me some duck eggs. Think they may be runner mix. Some she had their were adorable, black and white. So I might put them in the bator. And my very tiny Dutch bantam's just started laying so I might put them in there too !!

Ok night all, I'll try to catch up in the morning.

Oh and
welcome-byc.gif
to all the newbies !!!

do you breed dutch bantams?!

Not yet. I just got my first eggs this week.

Back
Top Bottom