Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Nice pics BL4 and Apyl! I just got Welsh Harlequin and Runner duck eggs in the mail, along with a few Buff Brahma; will set them in the morning. I really am excited for ducks!!! Anything I need to know about batoring duck eggs? Jim??

Hey FT, my dog does that. It's called coprophagia. NasT.

Good luck on the house Raiquee!

I rather like ironwood trees too Bigz. DH really likes to find them when filling the woodshed. So so dense. I remember that was one of the first trees we ID'd in HS bio class. Maybe I will have to be on the lookout for a seedling...

2. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

Good evening---had whole reply going on another window...I went to see the post about "something" and lost it all! So was commenting about the ironwood tree--got he beams in my barn, and the syrup and I dont remember what else....now I AM GOING TO EAT DINNER!
    Terri O

3. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

MMMM--LO c,b and c....good! Gotta lock up now. Long road trip for tomorrow! Sweet dreams--Terri O

4. jvls1942

jvls1942 Chicken Obsessed

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    gutten abend , I bought my fishing license today.. It's been a couple of years since I went fishing.. but I am so hungry for some fresh panfish, perch, crappies and blue gills.. People give me Northerns occasionally, but no panfish..

duck eggs take longer than chicken eggs by about a week.. otherwise treat them the same.. more humidity is recommended, but I have such a mixture of eggs going at one time, I just run in the high 40's for everything..

However, if you read the same fiction books as FT,, your older eggs will take longer..

FT, my geese usually lay about 12 to 14 eggs.. however I do not know if that is one goose's production or a community effort..

I have two pairs of sebastopol geese and two pairs of toulouse , plus one lone toulouse from last year's hatch.. then I have the 4 new Charistmas babies.. 2 buffs, 1 toulouse and 1 sebastopol..

I had a woman contact me for either goose eggs or young geese ..then after some correspondence she mentioned some guy who was selling sebs for $10.. so I told her, well, there you are !! go get one..

she also said that they wanted to think about it for awhile.. WTH ? I don't know about anybody else's geese, but mine keep growing every day.. they aren't going to stay babies for ever until she makes up her mind..

5. mxmarg

mxmarg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    SCentral Sconny
    Raiquee-
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that you and the sellers will come to a happy place and you'll get this house!

Hens&Roos-
    My almost 5 year old is doing something similar. It's almost like a post nasal something cuz she coughs and coughs and has a runny nose to beat the band yet her lungs are as clear as a bell. She's been doing this several times throughout the winter. My hugsband is the light sleeper so he's up and down with her at night. Getting her to blow her nose like she means it (no small feat) and then drink some V8 splash, one of the few drinks that really seems to calm her coughing.
    Does this thing with your son seem to be some post nasal drippy thing too???? This has us flummoxed and she's too young to be dosing her up... which we're not crazy about anyway.
    We've been home today too. She even cancelled a play date with her bestie today cuz it was "not a really awesome day" to get together and she didn't want to get her sick too. Movie day, coloring and drawing day, nickjr on-line games day, concentration card game day, lego day. I'm glad to hear your boy may be feeling better. My girl went willingly to bed (crazy talk) right on time (unheard of) and we've got the humidifier going in there as I type. Fingers crossed that tonight won't be rough!
    Aw Aypl -lookit those little fuzzy heads! [​IMG] Pretty feathered baby chicks too!

BabyLady-
    We have a gorgeous magnolia like that too! Except it's got a bunch more years on it! Just spectacular, you've got wonderfulness in your future! [​IMG] Her nails are magnifique! Just LOVE how you finessed the colors and the crackle and everything! Really cool! Thanks so much for sharing!

Be well all!

6. Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI
    Yep met Rob and his wife and they took home 2 Welsummer hens and 2 splash Marans pullets to start their addiction :lol: as to your question, no he had his Santa Claus suit on.... Of course he was wearing his kilt :lol:

7. Cindlady

Cindlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2010
    S.E. WI
    Hi all!

Guess the girls are still ****** at me for locking them up with a roo... no eggs today. Sure hope I get some in the next 2-3 days, figured it would take a bit for them to get settled. TSC had an egg turner on sale for $39 ! Less than I could have picked up used and have to pay for shipping. Thought about making one with the little motor I have and a timer. Had it all planed out but no time to get it together. I did think it might give #1son something to do, tending the eggs, but with the MS some things take a long time for him and I'd be afraid he would drop eggs. [​IMG] Better to just "set it and forget it".

Guess there may be a market for meat birds here but I don't think I want to get into that... short on room as it is. Don't have the $$$ to build more coops or buy more fencing. I might be able to scrounge scrap for coops... but fencing... haven't had much luck so far.

Young son came and fixed the breaks on the car, got done and fell asleep on the couch... guess he was up quite early. He said he would come back later in the week to put the decorations away for me. DD called and her SO got a mess of bluegills for me! [​IMG] .... but I have to clean them... small sacrifice!

CC... looking at Jack's pics I kept thinking of that song "I'm too sexy..." LOL Grrr what's that song called?

MAY stop back later.... if not... night all!

8. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    Better than his birthday suit, I guess. [​IMG]

9. Toastedrob1

Toastedrob1 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2012
    Germantown wi

Hey i like my bday suit! Lol

Ps got two egga now....whooooot!

10. Celtic Chick