Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    Bored some more
    1 person likes this.
  2. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    MxM, I did not do her nails, she did that herself! She is one of many artists at this house, her focus has been on fashion lately. I would like to get some of that magnetic polish, it will show the wavelengths of the magnetism in the polish pattern: how cool is that!. She likes to paint her nails fluorescent green and then paint the crackle black over them so they look like the Monster can.

Yeah I know my magnolia is pretty pathetic right now. It does not help that my youngest DS broke a big branch off of it last year during the winter playing in the snow.... I hope she gets a little bit bigger quickly!

Those stinker ducks found a way out of the fence! I guess I'll have to nail the webbing into the ground so they do not find any escape hatches.

Fighting some kind of congestion bug.... I hate it when it is my day off and I end up not doing much because I feel like [email protected]

Tomorrow taking oldest DS to doc to have his facial mole checked out and then Wed. the youngest DD gets to have those 4 teeth pulled. She is going to make out big time with the Tooth Fairy that night!

Better go to bed and get some sleep so I can get better. Later!
  3. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    Cool! Now where are the pics you were going to post? Of your new girls, not your birthday suit! [​IMG] [​IMG]
  4. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    "I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred. One hit wonder, I think.

Thanks Jim, I'll have chix and duck eggs going together, will just treat 'em the same. Cross the fingers anyway.

Way to give Kilty the first dose H&R. [​IMG]

Gute Nacht!
  5. GhostRider65

GhostRider65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    NE Wisconsin
    Hey everyone still on baby watch tonight, but 3 have hatched and 1 is going too anytime the other is still a pip, and 3 no shows so far............ The first pip hatched today at 4pm 26 hours after pipping, the second hatched at 5pm, the 3rd around 7 tonight, here are some pictures.............

I'm still worried about the humidity, its so bad you can almost not see in there and I don't think these babies are ever gonna dry out, you will see in the pictures....... wish It had a humidity meter I bet its almost 100% in there. Also wish there was more room, the first 1 was the worst with all those eggs in there it kept getting stuck in between the eggs and the wall on it's back, now they are crawling all over the eggs and chirping there heads off in between naps............heheh there's 2 dark ones from my SLW x EE cross, I think or the male could have been Fred the WW rooster, and a light colored EE from Fileens egg. I only hatched eggs from my pea combs. and Gray beard the EE is most likely the daddy he is the dominent rooster well was they have all been evicted for awhile till these bugs are gone......so will post more pictures once they get into the brooder
    How long can they stay in the incubator? cuz it will surely take at leasta day for them to dry. ?? Kim
  6. Cindlady

Cindlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2010
    S.E. WI
    Hi all
    Planted some squash and melons in starter trays. They are hard to find started and they take so long to grow! Tomatoes and peppers I'll buy or barter for.

Kilty... congrats on your first girls and first eggs! Do you realize how long some of us had to wait for the first eggs? Lucky! ... {and so it begins....}
  7. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI

Th humidity also goes up when those eggs hatch. They can stay in there as long as you want, 24 hrs or more. I had some hatch last week in Brinsea. They dried, but still look crunchy, not fluffy, until they get under the heat lamp. I left them in there 24 hrs.

Congrats on babies! Can't wait to see them fluffy...:D
  8. Toastedrob1

Toastedrob1 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2012
    Germantown wi

The charmed ones. Pheobe, Page, Piper and Prue. The names of my girls.. cant figure out how to post in her so look at my pis in my profile
  9. Apyl

Apyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    BL4 - great pics, I can't wait until my all my ducks are big.

Cindlady - OOhh I love Bluegill, I'm jelous. I've lived here a year and the DMV still wont give me a Drivers License. They still dont believe I'm a residant so I have gone fishing in a year. I'm hoping having our tax return papers will be enough proof so I can get fishing again.

I left my incubator on last night to make sure it will keep the temp. The thermometer that came with it shows 99.5 and the thermometer I bought as an extra says 100. So I'm hoping this is good enohg ? The duck eggs are ready, so I think I'll put them in after I get home from taking the kids to school.
  10. unkadan

unkadan Chillin' With My Peeps

omg,,,first kilt, then birthday suit,,,now pis

what a start for the day,,,,first posts I read (no I will not look at that profile)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by