Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI
  2. Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI
    that and watch movies with him today, now he probably really thinks that I watch movies all day when they are at school [​IMG]

3. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    Aaaawwww how cute! You know don't forget to tell him about the bon bons too!

4. jvls1942

jvls1942 Chicken Obsessed

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    yup., pretty much the same..except mine are going to be 9 inches deep and no trellises .
    and maybe a bit taller.. 29 inches is too short for Annie, and me for that matter.. not that I do much weeding..

5. kristip

kristip Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    New Glarus
    I have my stupid question of the day.....

Carol and I were talking and neither of us had a good answer- when your chick is pipping and it is a decent enough beak out of the hole, pip.... is there an average time until it comes out? We talking an hour, 2 or 8 at that point? Just curious....
    We have about 20 out of original 30 that made it so far. There are still about 3 of those that look iffy, but will put them in lockdown in a few days.

otherwise it was a crappy cold day. Had an art day with a bunch of 3-7 year olds this morning. It is spring break adn we are all trying to find stuff to keep everyone entertained!

6. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    I don't know if there is an average for the time. Would make it to easy on us !!! I just read the other day that older the eggs are the longer they incubate.

7. bantiesrule

bantiesrule Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Long Prairie, MN

We always had ironwood in the pasture on the homeplace and never thought anything about them but with you guys asking I had to go look it up. Here's what I found: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Hornbeam . Learning something new ever day!

8. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI

9. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    No, but I've heard of the Hornbeam. Thanks for that, BR! [​IMG]

Hey H&R, I hear Rob came and got some chickens from you. So did he wear his kilt????? [​IMG] He said he wasn't home 3 hours when one laid an egg for him. Great job on starting yet another chicken addiction. [​IMG]

10. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    So just because I can.....

My Magnolia..... and yes I know I have to get weeding...
    [​IMG]

Oldest DD's fingernails for the Hunger Games, this is the Peeta hand.
    [​IMG]

And... what happens when you try to dig for worms at my house... Checkers, Maggie, Jules, and Taffy in front.
    [​IMG]

Tonight while driving my DD and I found a juvie female cat. She was so scared! So...... anybody want a cat? :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by