Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. EarthyLady

EarthyLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2012
    southwest wi
    How about phone? Is it in your name? Could whoever's name it IS in, call and have you added? Our phone bill comes in both mine and my husband's name. That might work. Plus, they won't charge to have your name added.

2. unkadan

unkadan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aply, tell the DMV jugheads that you need a photo ID to VOTE! ( or maybe not,,did that get overturned yet?)

If they tell you to get the state ID instead of a liscense ask what you need for that! You said you have student loan papers? Do you have a student ID?

kinda makes me think someone is messin with you there,,,

last resort,,,tell them to chk here on BYC,,,the cheeseheads will vouch for ya!!!

3. Apyl

Apyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi

They wont accept phone either since its with the TV. She said its not accepted because out of towners can have tv and phone turned on during their stays. And Propane wasnt accepted because out of towners get propane. But I did just get home, after my last post I called the Mauston office and they said they would accepted the W-2's YEAH [​IMG]so of course ran out there and got it done. So today I am offically a Wisconsin Resident, it only took a year and 10 days ! But no, up until this point they wouldnt accept anything unless ,I was getting a complete crab ***** at the DMV before. They accepted my W-2 from when I worked in Illinois since it had my current address,she did accept the address on my personal checks also ( I didnt specifically tell her my bank is in Illinois since she didnt ask ;) ). And of course had to show birth certificate, Illinois DL, Marriage certificate to prove the name change since the BC had my maiden name.

4. Apyl

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi

lol Thanks. I just got home, they accepted the w-2's :) now I just have to wait 10 days for the DL to be mailed to me.

5. otonoh

otonoh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010
    hey everyone,

Cold windy day out in central WI. Just got back from 2 of the local co-ops. I am on the hunt for silver laced wyandottes. I found out that the co-ops will order them but i need to get 25 of them. I truly doubt the neighbors would like that. I checked out incubators at fleet. Do you need the turners or can you do it manually? They have eggs for sale online. I only want 3 chicks, If I order 6 live chicks from someone, It will cost as much as an incubator. I have 7 chickens now 6 golden comets and 1 silver lace wyandotte. I know it is silly but it looks like the others ignore the silver one. She is such a beautiful bird, Mine are all still producing eggs, but my neighbor says all 4 of her chickens have stopped. I think they maybe molting, otherwise I am not sure why they would all stop, they are only a year old. If any of you have slw chicks or fertile eggs for sale let me know. thanks
    David
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    I don't consider it a perfect hatch yet 3 are not hatched, and were fine at day 8, and 16, 1 is having a very hard time hatching it seems compared to the others, and this is my first hatch, and incubator, I have only had my chickens a year. and I have many questions, and I worry a lot about everything anyway, they are more pets than anything and of course, I would cry my eyes out should any die.
    Your info is helpful, but is coming off with a pretty negative tone...in your last 2 posts ..is it meant that way? Sorry if I'm annoying you. Kim
    This post is one of many that make me worry......I think I do like using the egg crates to hatch in because it is keeping the eggs still while the babies crawl around and on top of them and over them. No one is having to reposition themselves for hatch, which I read can exhaust them and kill them.....
    I like this little incubator but it is very small and no room to mo ve the babies could not even stand in it, plus it's nerve racking to watch them kick and claw they way over a hatching egg...............[/QUOTE]

Ghost, do you know what the name "Jim" is short for? Crabby old man! [​IMG]

Just take what he says with a grain of salt. Despite his gruff demeanor, he can be nice, occassionally, if he tries really, really hard. JK! He does know just about everything there is to know about hatching out eggs. I think he has almost as many incubators as he has freezers. [​IMG]

The Brinsea Eco's are really super small, I agree. I have one also. The rise in humidity levels is completely normal and necessary during hatching, otherwise the membranes could dry out & the chicks might not be able to tear through it. By opening the lid, you could have shrink wrapped your remaining pips and killed them. It is called lock down for a reason. You lock the lid down and don't touch it until all the eggs hatch. Yes, it gets cramped and yes the chicks will knock around the remaining eggs, but the exact same thing happens underneath a broody hen, only you can't see it. If you don't want any to die, do yourself a favor and just let them be. Another possible solution to your crowding dilemma would be to incubate less eggs at a time, or to get a larger incubator. HTH. [​IMG]

7. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    Nice looking flock you have there, Dave!

Too bad you aren't closer. I'd sell you my little Brinsea. It's perfect for only a few eggs (max 7), and mine has an auto turner.

I have been bitten by the hatching bug & wished I would have gotten the bigger one! [​IMG]

8. kristip

kristip Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    New Glarus
    Otonoh.... I saw SLW chicks recently on craigslist... check madison or milwaukee... dont know if that is feasible to get to. but know I saw some out there.
    they are beautiful birds ( i just obtained one!)

Getting nervous about my hatch too, but trying to stay away. We did a final candle yesterday and lock down on Thursday morning before we leave for the day for Chicago. Here is to hoping we have a good hatch this weekend!

9. jvls1942

jvls1942 Chicken Obsessed

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    Yes , you should be scolded, but not from me.. you wouldn't listen anyhow..

10. Apyl

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    Wishing you luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by