Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    Ok,
    I'm trying like heck to get some energy !!! I was thinking about going to the chick seminar in Wausau tonight but this gloomy weather makes me want to do nothing. I thought while I was there I would pick up the pen from Jim.
    Jim are you gonna be home late this afternoon?

MLH, tempt me to come to the seminar. Whacha given away for Door Prizes ????? Cabinet Incubator ? LOL JK !! Food ?

Then as long as I was at it I would stop and pick up a pair of white chinese geese in Merrill. I need a kick in the rear end.

Plus I just remembered DH didn't empty the back of the truck, 6 bags of shavings and 6 bags of pig food in there and no place for me to easily put it in this weather.
    I'd like DH to come with but it is a school night (work) for him and he doesn't like to do things at night.

So, I'm still debating if I'm going to go or not.

All this talk about incubating !!! I'm putting more duck and goose eggs in the bator probably tomorrow. Three days from the first batch so I can time the hatch out. I only like to use one of my bators for hatching, less to clean.
    My LO still is not laying any eggs !!! She's getting the 2 second drill now and then............... Oh well, at least I have 3 lavender adults anyway ! Not counting the lonely lavender Amerucana Hen.

Jim, how much rood does that cage take up in the back of the truck? Or should I just ask, what are the approx measurements?

Thanks

2. Toastedrob1

Toastedrob1 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2012
    Germantown wi

Nope they are not...
    They wellies will not let them down grom the nesting boxes. I may need to separate then in another coop.

3. Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI

I'm guess because the wellies are older they are picking on the marans like this. Is there any way you could crate/pen up the wellies in the same area to give the marans a chance to establish themsevles? Might need to do this for several days. When they were in our group they were fine but the wellies weren't the top hens here, probably more in the middle with the marans lower in rank. Let me know if you would want to swap out the 2 wellies for 2 younger wellies- downside is you would be waiting for eggs.

4. otonoh

otonoh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010

Thanks kristip. I googled mapped it and it is about 3 hours. I will have to call to see if they still have some

thanks again

5. kristip

kristip Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    New Glarus
    No problem... glad to enable you!!! They are gorgeous birds and cant wait for mine to start laying! Hear they are excellent layers.

Thanks Apyl... anxiously waiting.

Cheryl- werent yours due to hatch soon? How are they doing? Hope ds is feeling better.

6. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    Apyl, did you call the main DMV office in Madison and ask them? After trying to get my DD her temp and doing to run-around with the dang DMV, I have found that the regional service centers do not always have the correct answer. Of course the information you need is listed online as well but they disputed that when we went to talk to them..... $300 to change the name on the utility bill? Do they do this every time somebody moves? What a rip-off!

Still sick so not getting anything done. Took a nap from 10:30 to 2...... feel like I should sleep some more.

7. Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI
    We are in the hatch right now, 1chick out with 8 more working on getting out.

DS is feeling better sent him to school today- they'll be home in 20 minutes so he made it. His nose is runny though so hopefully this will help clear him up.

8. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG]Go little chickies go!!!

My baby splash cochin is now able to walk ok. Poor little fatty. So I took the mitten out. I am glad he is doing ok.

I have around 25 blues so now it is time to work on the blacks.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  9. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Cute chicks GhostRider!!! Sooo fuzzy and cute!!!

And nice flock David! That silver one is pretty I hope you can get another one like her. Mine seem to stick with their colors too. wierd.

Glad you finally got your drivers license Apyl.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  10. Apyl

Apyl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    After talking this morning I called the Mauston DMV and they they would accept my W-2 so I ran out there and got it done. With the $300 that with Oakdale electric, they say its due to my high Debt to income ratio, I have student loans out the wazoo for my BS degree and am currently a stay at home mom until my youngest goes to school this next school season. I still cant believe it took a year to get my DL, I sure didnt have an issues getting my title and plates transfered when we moved here. They were happy to accpet that $200 fast.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by