Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    I'm going to have to change my signature to include 2 Khaki Campbell Ducks now too...:D

2. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    Don't forget the goats! Nah, you aren't addicted to critter math! [​IMG]

Hey everyone, should I introduce Bf4 to the mini cows? [​IMG]

3. Celtic Chick

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    No kidding, hey?????? It was supposed to be in the 70s here, NOT! Stinking weather people. I really wanted the weather to be warmer so I could get my lavs outside, but it was so cool & damp here. [​IMG] If the sun would have just come out.................. It was 39 at 11am..............Yuck!

Congrats on the Foolish hatches & settings, everyone! And really nice pics too!

So Heather, did you ever feather sex your 2 LOs? What do you think you have?

So much more, but CRS strikes again! Got tons of stuff to do, as usual, so better scoot! Bbl.

4. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
  5. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

JUst got back from F&F with DD26....bought interesting things...a very sad thing when I got back though...one of the black chicks with light brown on the face (and cheek puffs) was dead! The body was very hot. I moved the light up and the water closer to the hot side. I am heading upstairs to see if any more have hatched. I picked up the new fooe and waterers for my new broody pens and now I hear that DH has my tiller going with the NEW ENGINE! We had to get a few longer bolts at the store because the housing was too thick (or something) Maybe I wont have to hand dig that trench after all! Gotta run! Later--Terri O

6. jodiea60

jodiea60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Arkansaw
    OK I think I have a "dumb cluck" problem or story......So have a silkie roo 7 months old.....He is having trouble with his romantic moves!!! He goes head to head with the hens...Then he grabs them by the back of the neck pushes their head to the ground....then he proceeds to hump up and down with his little tail feathers!!!!! Is this safe sex chicken style??? He does periodically get the right end also!!! One little hen is missing her neck feathers....Dumb cluck or stupid roo???? The other roos of the same age seem to be able to get the job done correctly!!!!
    Also bought an incubator from TSC a little giant...plugged it in and no matter what we did it pegged the thermometers at 120 degrees....So took it back and exchanged it...plugged the new one in and I think it is going to work!!! Can't wait to try it out....It will test my patience!!!! I will be a long 21 days!!!

7. MustLoveHens

MustLoveHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Albion, Wisconsin
    Evening All!
    Not much to report here. Spent the day running errands and we got a new battery for the van we have. DH got that in and the van now runs! Brakes will most likely be next. The Dogs were thrilled the they got to go for a "bye-ride" in THEIR van!!! We actually got the van a year ago specifically so all of the dogs could go for a ride at the same time and no one was left at home.[​IMG]
    We got it off CL for a great deal, almost a steal really, but it runs great and the Dogs all give it two paws up!
    So now I have to stock it with puppy travel supplies..... Dang our dogs are spoiled!

Jodie-My first LG did the same thing!. Only I got mine from F&F. Took it back and got another one and it works just fine. I have since bought a Hova Bator Genesis but I still use the LG. I think next season I'll invest in a fan kit for it. The LG is a good little bator for the price. Good luck on your hatch!

Well, I've got to go replace some blinds that the cats and Fred broke. I have blind replacement down to a science. I can have a broken blind down and replaced in less then a minute. Of course it talks the worthless critters less then that to destroy them.....

Later!

8. Celtic Chick

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    [​IMG] Yes, exactly! I love the mini Jerseys too.

http://minijerseysbydexter.homestead.com/

http://www.minijersey.org/animalsforsale.htm

http://www.southsidestables.com/Cattle.htm

[​IMG]

9. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    Apparently getting sick has kept me out of the loop so to speak. I always thought that Winter was the time of year for the most suicides... not Spring. Our little community has had two in the last 3 days... one successful and well, the other was just this afternoon so unknown outcome. The one this afternoon is a friend of my sister and her family so it hits home pretty hard. Nice family, they just had a birthday party yesterday for one of their girls that my niece attended. I hope he makes it. I think breaking this news to my kids was the worst part, some of their kids are in the same grades as my kids.

I understand things can become overwhelming but this is never the answer...... and I apologize for putting a damper on the day.

So back to normalcy.... good luck on the Foolish hatch everyone who is attempting! I think my incubator is going to take a break for a year. Taffy is such a pro at sitting that I'll let her do all the work!

Oh CC I would take a mini Jersey in a heartbeat! I love the big ones so the small ones would be just adorable! I want some Normande cows too, and I have access to a source for those.... ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by