Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    Sorry DrH, but I gotta agree. That kitty is in serious need of some Weight Watchers. That cat could get diabetes, and believe me, it is no picnic. Jabba needs a treadmill. [​IMG]

2. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL! My Dh said, "More money down the drain." I guess they might have a similar attitude? Yeah--[​IMG]So Happy Hatch Day!!!! I checked the bator when I got up and there are 3 black and two yellows (that I could see through the watery window) drying and going to join the two already in the TV. I sure hope some more pop out today....looks like I wont be setting eggs today either, my other incubator didnt come home yet. :( I might see if I can go and pick it up from the person borrowing it and get it set up for hatching in the next week. By that time I will know if my new Australorp Roo is doing his job! My hens are ready to be connected back to their mates so I need to figure out how in the world I am going to do that too!

Sheesh MLH--100???? LOL--Good thing my siggy says "dont just do it--overdo it!" Guess I better contact the hunt club soon! Dont want to count chicks before they hatch though...seems like that very thing may be going on in this group.....[​IMG]

Jim--I think I have figured out the way I am going to modify those cages...now I just need to get to it! (thanks Tom...at this point I dont know if I say thanks for the cages or for the extra work! [​IMG] [​IMG])

We thought we might be able to drink coffee outside this morning...no way--40 degrees! Didnt the weatherguy say it was going to be like 80 today? I guess that was the April Fool's joke hey? Looks like another damp and dreary day...if this keeps up I am going to have to bring the shelled ones back in...they havent come out of their house for 3 days now! I think they might want to eat something.

I am so anxious to open that incubator and see which eggs hatched...very hard to resist that temptation for sure! I figure I will wait until this evening to bring the babies down. Then maybe some of the water will have evaporated and I can add hot to bring temp and humidity back up.

No idea what I am going to do today...I had planned on planting more of the cold hardy stuff in the garden...or starting to dig trenches for the potatoes...since I wont be able to use the tiller to make the furrows!!!! Oh yeah, I have to send you that link about the tiller reverse thing JIm...gotta ask DH--OK I sent you a PM.
    Gotta run...Terri O

3. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    Oh, and Sam, I love your dog too. That pic with your girls is just too cute! [​IMG]

4. Terri O

LOL--I was just going to post that! CC we are on the same wavelength! About that fat cat too....DrH--fat cats are unhealthy cats! You are shortening her life...just sayin'! (in the most loving way...)
    I gave a link to a person that my daughter knows...her cat is like that. They are having a slimdown challenge through the Dane county Humane society. CHeck it out! TErri O

5. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI

Hey Amy, I see you are lurking and swapping on all of the egg chains. Whatcha doin with all those chicks?? Oh and the seed chain. So if I don't have any extras I'll have to go buy some !! LOL
    The rules said have at least 6, they mean seeds not packs right. Like if they are big seeds like pumpkin or squash you'd have to send 6 ?
    Do you ever get people sending out those cheapo seeds from American Seed Co?
    I'm going to Jung on Weds maybe I can buy some seed to swap. Another thread I'll be watching !!! [​IMG]

6. Terri O

Hah Frenchie--you will NEVER get off the computer! LOL--TErri O

7. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI

8. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Wow over 20 pages to read and I just need to catch up on things around the huse. My daughter visited this weekend so I didnt get any of my regular work done.

Eli is pretty darn cute! And so are the Delawares! IRISH SPRING is the soap!!!!!

BBP that is so cute with you cradling that large umm bird.

I am going to have to catch up later on here.

Sorry about the Aussie in the hot tub, I was reading the thead backwards so I misunderstood and thought it was a dog at first. Glad it wasnt a dog but sorry anyway.

Just wanted to say hi for now. Much work to catch up on. :)

9. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Foolish Hatch Day To All....hope evryone has a great one.

Just set the Brinsea with 24 eggs....I hope a Leinies long neck is ok Doc? That's the wet variety today! I love your cat pic....I think that's the first cat with a beer gut I've seen...must be where the missing ones are going..... [​IMG]

Sun just came out. Hope it warms things up.

bigz

10. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Is anyone selling any egg-layers around Amery or Centuria, WI?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by