Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL yes thats the Roo - but im unsure what he/she is .... father is lorp cross with pure something and mother was lorp cross something so it could still be a chicky....

Oh ":) Sam is a Blue cattle dog.....
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    Wow! There are a few of us that can't say no to ourselves! Good job being strong and sensible! We can all hook you up with chicks when you're ready. ;)

3. Dr HaHa

Dr HaHa Grinning Chicken Lips

Feb 11, 2009
    Nekoosa Wi.
    Good Morning Everybody! So sorry for all the losses! [​IMG] But so happy with all the hatching! [​IMG] The circle continues. Donny finally got his act together and is dropping off 3 doz eggs for the bator. Looks like Bigz and I will setting together, hey Bigz hand me a beer would ya? [​IMG]Ft can't tell ya the name of the cuc's but they are from RH Shumway's #02020L Homemade Pickles. After chicken chores I'll sit down and do that pm. Cute duckies Amy! Forgot to say funny pic CC dang black and white cats! I'll be back.

4. unkadan

unkadan Chillin' With My Peeps

good morning

cat woke me up to go out at 4am,,,plugged in the coffee and fell back asleep

woke up at 5:30 and heard a PEEP!

1st one out came from one of the 4 Wheaton Americana eggs,,,so a possible olive egger, my DD will be thrilled

poor little critter is all over that 'bator,,,I think she (notice the positive thinking?) is coxing the others to hurry up

does "strong and sensible" occur often here?

bbl w/pics

5. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    Congrats on the new little one. I think SHE might be our first April Fool !!!!! Hope SHE isn't pulling a fast one on you and is really a HE ? Either way you have to keep our April Fool Mascot now !!! [​IMG]

6. Dr HaHa

Dr HaHa Grinning Chicken Lips

Feb 11, 2009
    Nekoosa Wi.
    Sounds like we have a winner! Congrats Dan! I know I've posted a pic like this before but we have a lot of new people. Taz Devil/Jabba. She sits like this often. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI
    DH came back with the reply: A bad habit! [​IMG]

8. kristip

kristip Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    New Glarus
    We have 11 chicks hatched between friday night and this morning. There were 20 in the incubator but we knew that 2 or 3 were no gos. (wishful thinking) so we are hoping a few more will hatch.
    I can tell you 9 of the 11 that came out of eggs which they are. I have two that are either an olive egger mutt or an Andalusian. They both hatched over night and were wandering around the incubator early this am. They are both large fowl. Both look to have tiny combs right from the get go.

9. MustLoveHens

MustLoveHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Albion, Wisconsin
    Happy Foolish Hatch Day!!
    Congrats to those that are hatching chicks today! I set the remaining quail eggs so TO has potentially 100 Bobwhites coming her way...hehehe....either that or I'll have little quail to take to a swap....
    Welcome to the newbies and I'm sorry about those that lost chickens. Welcome back BBP glad you like Aruba.
    That's all I remember. Skimmed through the 10 pages to catch up.
    The chick days in Ill went well but it was cold so I think there were not as many people as there could have been.

Ummm....got a load of laundry in....that's exciting....ummm.....I want to take a nap?......ummmm.... just not a lot so say this morning. Got my critter chores done, sat down, and don't want to get back up. The chill in the air has my joints aching. I think I'll make more coffee....that always works....

So with that: GOOD LUCK ON THE FOOLISH HATCH EVERYONE!!!

10. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    Oh my gosh Dr.H.... put that poor cat on a diet!!! She looks like my 20lb'er used to! What does she weigh anyway?????

Sam, love the Heeler..... my in-laws used to have a Blue Heeler/Black Lab cross...... he was the very best dog... He was so smart, he figured out where the chickens laid their eggs in the barn and would go in there and help himself to one every once in a while. He would bring it outside to the gravel driveway and toss it a bit to get it to break open.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by