Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    Sounds like your really are blessed with such good neighbors Bigz. I'd be just as exicted to get a ride in that cart with the pony. What color pony ??? LOL

That is how it should be. Doing nice things for people always makes me feel good. It's nice if they return the gesture (but not expected) or do something nice for some one else and keep the kindness going. Makes you appreciate and realize there still are good people in this world.
    That's one of the reason's I'm hatching out the ducks and chicks for my farrier. I suggested it because, well just because. He is such a good kind person. Good things do happen to good people just like Bf4me said. And you are a good one Bigz !!! [​IMG] Don't forget the ice cream !!

2. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI

3. kristip

kristip Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    New Glarus
    thanks!

4. GhostRider65

GhostRider65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    NE Wisconsin

Well Goat Milk to me tatse just about the same as cow milk.. not quite as creamy, the best goats for milking and meat are Kinders,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 63% feed to meat ratio and not bad at milk either, about 2 to 3 quarts a day, not as goot as a nubian, but also much more gentle, not as spooky goofy, takes less space eats less hay, ect ect. when I get mine that is what I'm getting, they can also be selectively bred for time of delivery, they are not like most goats that breed once a year, from what I understand you can breed them almost anytime of the year. Kim
    Heres a good article about them http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/sanderson95.html

5. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Is anyone here from Centuria, WI?

6. GhostRider65

GhostRider65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    NE Wisconsin

Another great seed company is Baker Creek, that is where I get mine, and we have had some awesome gardens since I got that first book, recommended by a friend.

Evening everyone, So very sorry to hear the bad news Dooner, I hope you get a nice new girl soon, I have several varieties where are you at? maybe a naive White Rock they lay well, not the friendliest chickens tho, or a SS they are awesome, good layers friendly talkative....... or a white Wyandotte, who is kinda bare right now, must be molting and some rooster damage on her back.......... a nakid nelly I've been told. best layers .....LOL, but if your close enough all of these of mine are laying well........... Sorry again.....

Also feel terrible about the dog killing your chickens........ 3chickensforever, that is just awful, and though they are taking responsibility now, they were not very responsible in the first place by ;letting there dogs run............makes me so angry, that so many people do this, especially when they cause horrible damage to someone else s pets.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  7. EarthyLady

EarthyLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2012
    southwest wi
    Yep. rareseeds.com IS Baker Creek [​IMG] [​IMG] And I agree at them making awesome gardens!

8. BlackBrookPoultry

BlackBrookPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Western Wisconsin
    [​IMG]We came home from Aruba this morning![​IMG]

9. BlackBrookPoultry

BlackBrookPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Western Wisconsin
    I haven't read all the posts made for the last 9 days, but I did see mention of Baker Creek seeds. I actually drove to Missouri 2 years ago to go to their seed festival. It was fun and they have a great variety of seeds. They also had rare breeds of poultry on site.

10. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    BBP...... SO JEALOUS!!!!!!! I LOVE Macaws!!!!!

Apparently the Nigerian Dwarf goats are used as a dairy goat. They have a very high BF content to their milk.

Well Jim I wish the girl I was buying milk from would have fed her goats molasses.... that milk not only tasted goaty but you could smell it coming off the milk. She kept her billy's something like 300 feet from the does.

Never heard of Kinders... I'll have to check them out!

3chick, I am so sorry about your chickies....... poor babies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by