Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    So sad for sure about the Aussie drowing in the hot tub. [​IMG]
    I've had chickens drown in our horse trough. They don't realize how deep the water is.

Also so sad about the dog attacking the chickens. Not much difference then a coyote or fox or other predator I guess. Accidents do happen, ie dog getting loose. I'm glad they are making it right but doesn't change the fact that they are gone. So sorry for your loss !! [​IMG]

Amy Congrats on your new little paddle feet !!!! [​IMG] Are these your first ducks? Let me know if you want runner ducklings or eggs !!! I just candled mine and they all (with a few exceptions) developing !! [​IMG]I'm going to separate my runners so they are all pure. I have 18 runners, A pair of Rouens and one lonely mallard drake. I want to find one or two mallard hens for him. Maybe keep the mallards and rouens together.
    I'll definately have to keep my eye out for sales on swimming pools !!!

I'll be keeping a few and giving the rest to my farrier, gotta keep on his good side you know !!!! I usually tip him but this should last a while !! Plus I'm going to incubate him some chicks too !!!

I was thinking, we should have a bash hatch !!! Set eggs so they will hatch at the bash !!! I have a cord to keep the bator running in the car.

That would be fun to see. Except if we've had to many spiked cherries or apple pie shots, we'd be falling into the bator. And of we'd find Dr Ha sitting by the bator all night in his robe and slippers, holding a beer !!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  2. FrenchToast

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    Adorable chick pics WCC and Kristip !!! [​IMG]

All I can say is, we definately need an intervention. Well some of us have in under control !!! (And I don't mean me)

Bigz is the only one I know for sure. Unless he is hiding things from us !!! [​IMG]

3. FrenchToast

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    Ok, so I'm taking a trip with the neighbor to Jungs in Stevens Point on Weds or Thursday.

I desparately need advice on what kind of cukes, to get for pickling DrHa. Dill ?

Advice on corn too. DH wants some raspberries too. Oh boy, I and hear the cash register cha ching cha ching now unless I decide in advance and stick to it. [​IMG]

4. Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI

the ones who pipped this am are still probably working from the inside or on the bottom- it could take them until tomorrow to break out... each chick hatches out differrently [​IMG]

5. jvls1942

jvls1942 Chicken Obsessed

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    serendipity sweet corn..

goat milk flavor is determined by what they eat.. keep them away from stinky weeds.. keep the billy away from the milk.. (far away) ... I used to feed my milkers grain mixed with a little stock molasses.. they loved it and I believe it sweetened the milk.. be careful when you start feeding the molasses.. it loosens the stool.. (moistens the bowels) Oh heII, it gives them the sh!ts..

6. EarthyLady

EarthyLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2012
    southwest wi
    I ordered our seeds from rareseeds.com and seedsavers.org and purchased heirloom non-gmo seeds. If that's something that interests you, I'll look more at the specific brands. The cucumbers we planted last year were very plentiful for pickles! Canned 24 quarts of pickles!

7. FrenchToast

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    Thanks for the corn tip. I see serendipity is a Synergistic Hybrid. se/sh2 it is 82 days. I see Pay Dirt Bicolor is only 70 days. Ever try that one? Being so far north I was told to try to get the earliest one. Is the 12 day difference that big of a deal? Maybe not if the pumpkins are 90-110 days.

What's all of your favorite zuchinni's. Now I'm hungry for deep fried zuchinni's. I know CC the deep fried part isn't good but at least I'm craving a veggie and there are no M&M's in the house !!! [​IMG]

8. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Thanks! And I know right!? Makes me mad! And the thing is, this is like the 2nd or 3rd attack their dogs have done.

9. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I feel really Blessed today. The Amish lady neighbor and her daughter stopped with the cart and their pony to drop off a fresh Warm apple pie! They are great neighbors....I gave her a couple fresh dozen eggs....she said.....Oh by the way, we made fresh noodles today, would you like some? [​IMG]

It's the season to forgive...hope everyone can let something go and feel good for it [​IMG]

Kinda funny that I don't know what a loto ticket costs. Wonder why?

bigz

10. FrenchToast

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by