Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Sad, sad day happened yesterday! 6 chickens dead from our neighbor's dog. Beautiful rooster dead and beautiful hens dead. Little brother was crying. Horrible sight to see! We had 19 chickens altogether. But a good thing is that our neighbor is taking responsiblity. They are paying for our dead chickens and fencing up their dogs.

2. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    I am a duckie momma, woohoo! Drove all around creation today to get them, there's hardly any ducks on CL, must be too early. The dark is a Pekin/Black Crested mix female, and the other is a Welsh Harlequin male. DH just didn't want to wait four weeks for my eggs to hatch, who am I to argue with that? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    Awwwwwwww, that is sad. I am so very sorry to hear that. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Why is it that people have to wait until something bad happens before they actually DO something??????????

4. Celtic Chick

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    Whoo-hoo!!!! Congrats, Amy! Too cute! [​IMG]

5. Celtic Chick

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    See? SEE?!?!?!?!? I'm not the only one! And we're just trying to help you out. Honest. Really............ [​IMG]

Dan, you crack me up! [​IMG]

6. otonoh

otonoh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010

Oh I am so sorry, How horrible for you and the chickens. Glad your neighbors are taking responsability,

Amyable, Congratulations.

7. Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI
    [QUOTE=" Sad, sad day happened yesterday! 6 chickens dead from our neighbor's dog. Beautiful rooster dead and beautiful hens dead. Little brother was crying. Horrible sight to see! We had 19 chickens altogether. But a good thing is that our neighbor is taking responsiblity. They are paying for our dead chickens and fencing up their dogs.[/QUOTE] So sorry to hear this!

8. kristip

kristip Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    New Glarus
    un two more babies hatched- an andalusian and a marans mix. The marans has something that looks like an imbilical cord hanging out of its bottom and looks a little weak... is this internals perhaps? not sure. Leaving it sleep under heat lamp right now. Hoping for best. Cheryl- Andalusian looks blue or splash, will let you know when not so wet looking!
    Had some pip and rock this morning, but no new progress. Suppose I need to let them be! This is hard business

9. Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Cottage Grove, WI

on the Marans chick probably just the cord that attaches it to the yolk, give it a few hours or so- they get tired from breaking out. The splash Andalusians are usually pretty white looking when hatched and stand out from the rest. Good luck with the rest of the hatch!

10. kristip

kristip Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    New Glarus
    ok, it is probably a blue then. Does not look black enough, but does not seem white. tips of wings seemed white which made me assume. Hoping for a splash- they are gorgeous!
    Had another Amaracauna/Frizzle/sizzle baby hatch really quick. it has good lungs!
    Should I be worried at all about the ones that pipped this am but have done nothing since?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by