Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. EarthyLady

EarthyLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2012
    southwest wi
    It's a chilly overcast morning. I'm hoping for some warm sunshine. Our grass is in desperate need of a cut. We're having our church small group and potluck at our house tomorrow and celebrating little man's 6th birthday so I'd really like the yard looking nice. I hope hubby gets around to it. He's off taking the last of his hunters safety class today at the gun club and I'm heading out to the Open House of the new Birth Center in Black River Falls. Kinda wanting to go to a funeral visitation this afternoon as well for someone we knew. Just not enough hours in the weekend.

Oh no! How horribly sad. I'm sorry. [​IMG]

2. jvls1942

jvls1942 Chicken Obsessed

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    Jodie, don't cut yourself short on set-up time.. If you do not have things set up before you set the eggs, you might be wasting a hatch..

set your incubator to 100*F to 101*F with NO WATER in it.. once it holds steady, you are good to go. add eggs and water and do not touch the thermostat again.. IF you have any problems or doubts, post them here before you take any action.. and stay away from the incubation thread on byc.. there is too much conflicting theory there for a beginner..

3. otonoh

otonoh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010
    Jim, thanks , they don't an entire row of roosts so I think I should be fine.

David

Ps do you want any roo's if I get them.

4. jvls1942

jvls1942 Chicken Obsessed

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    Sure Dave, But you do know that I have an electric chicken (rooster) plucker, right? I love roosters..(with dumplings)

1 person likes this.
  5. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    Kristi was kind enough to take a few pics.
    [​IMG]

Kristi thinks (and I hope so...) that the yellow bellied one is a frizzle. His father is half silkie and half frizzled bantam cochin. Dad is
    normal feathered though

6. kristip

kristip Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    New Glarus
    well we were at day 19 yesterday so these are early. One hatched last night at 9 and one around 2 am. We have 4 more pipped in [​IMG]the incubator. these went quick and the others are not so makes me nervous. Yes I am one of those crazy moms to kids and chicks alike. trying to keep them humid so dont shrink wrap in there. These banties are pretty cute and my kids are loving the chirping eggs in the incubator too!

[​IMG]

7. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    You're so sassy............... And don't forget 7 freezers too. How is that going, BTW? Get any of them empty over the winter? [​IMG]

Dooner, I am so sorry to hear about your aussie. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. otonoh

otonoh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010
    thanks Jim, as long as I don't have to witness it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by