Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Have I told you guys that at my work I can get organic soy free layer? Its $19 for 50 lbs. I think my freedom rangers will be eating that when they get old enough.

We get soy free organic feed from Cashton Farm Supply as well. They have really good prices too! In case anybody is close to them. We make a trip about once a month to get feed.

I've got my laying hens on Kent feed and my chicks on Hubbard Homestead poultry developer. I have to drive 30 minutes each way to get them. I really like Kent feeds but we're tied in so tight with Purina at the Co-op I work at. We cant even order Kent.

But the co-op mills the soy free stuff themselves so that will be convenient.

Frenchie; I would not call my kids that young when the youngest is 10....... ; )

All this talk of bikes... I walked into work today in my pseudo combat boots, leather jacket and sunglasses and they asked me if I just rode in on my Harley.... I am the only person working in our lab who does NOT have a cycle license. Someday though....... it is on my bucket list.

I was mean to my kids with the training wheels. When I could see that they were balancing the bike just fine without the wheels (we would bend one out of the way) we would then take them off. They figured it out really quick (and of course they were padded to the max so they would not get any owies). The most fun I had teaching a kid to ride his bike was a kid I babysat for. He was 4 1/2 and a big kid. One of the first things I did when I started babysitting for his family was take his training wheels off. He did just fine at everything except using his brakes. Since they lived out in the country, all he would do when he wanted to stop was plow into the ditch and tip over. It was really funny to see the towhead zooming down the road and then tip over and disappear into the grass....

We are going to try and get the eggs boiled for dying tomorrow, of course that will have to be done after work.

Came home tonight and managed to almost get in a 2 mile run/walk...... someday I will make it the whole 2 miles running without stopping.....

Night all!

Hummm... looks like I'm all alone
sad.png

Kids! LOL...my DD stopped by with the 6yr old grandson to pick up eggs... I had all the Easter goodies on the dinning table!!! Guess another Easter Bunny bites the dust! LOL I boiled up 1 doz. blue eggs, 1 doz brown/tan eggs, and 2 doz. guinea eggs! Boy do guinea eggs make good egg salad!

I didn't really want the "new girl" to go in with everyone else right away, I am big on quarantine but I just had NO ROOM! (Project for this weekend is building pens!) Anyway she's doing real well. Hasn't been picked on at all. Only thing was she wasn't coming out of the coop with the rest, at least not that I saw. Then tonight, just before dark, when everyone went to roost, I saw her out with Prettyboy! Just him and her taking an evening stroll around the outside of the coop! It was SO CUTE! They would stop and he would coo to her a bit, then he would find a treat and let her have it. Oddly he was very kind and gentle ... NO 2 min. drill! Very odd. And she is laying and her back is worn from the boys where she came from. Do you think he LIKES her? He "drills" the other girls every chance he gets.

Well, guess I better finish my chores so I can get to bed.... Night All!

I've been lurking and waiting for the first post of the day. No ones posting, so I guess it's my job!

Worked with hardware cloth yesterday. That was fun. I made the kids stand on the end, unrolled it curve side down, and walked on it to straighten it out a bit. Jeepers they roll that stuff tight!

More painting to do. Also have to build some frames for the doors in my seperater/broody pen. Also need to make one for the window. It's will be a productive day!

I think I'm giving back the ducks. They are way to fearful and panicked by people. They keep hurting themselves running away from us. Oh well, ducklings are the way to go I guess. Next year....

Good morning. Still can't kick this cough and my voice is still half gone. I made a big fruit salad yestarday and gave some to the chicks and ducklings. Boy did they LOVE it. They really went after the melon innerds, grapes, banans, and strawberries. Po my pekin duck loved loved loved grapes I think I finally found a way to tame her. She doesnt normally come near us willingly but put a grape in your hand and she will be your best friend. The chicks are now 6 weeks old and all doing good, it looks like my Blue andalusian may be a boy, his/her comb is coming in pretty fast and already turning pink. But on the plus side we have a little white looking chick and I'm told it most likely a spalsh Andalusian and is a female :) I guess time will tell. Well I better get out of here, we have easter egg hunting at the VFW this morning.

good morning, CC emailed me and said that she could not post on here.. I have not tried to send a post today,so I will send this one right away before I type a long one and it doesn't fly..

eta;

OK mine went.. now I will edit and resend the news..

first good news.. Nora is deffinately PG.. she is growing bigger each day.. she is due about April 17 +/-

Second good news.. Cockatiels.. TO, you hit it right on the head.. the solid gray is a boy and the yellow one is a girl.. the have been mating on and off (no pun intended) since you straightened them out..

Yesterday I fixed up a nest box in the cage and this morning the yellow one can't tear herself away from it.. In and out,, when she is out she can't shut up !! she was always so quiet before..

good news #3 : w have our first pip of the year.. I have the egg turned the wrong way, so I can't tell if it is Barrock or Del..

G N #4 : the angel winged goose has "hid" a nest and is sitting on her own eggs.. we hope the rats leave her alone..

GN #5: I got a lot cleaned in my shop yesterday.. Annie did a ton of sweeping and gathering of tools.. I sawed some wood strips and attached a 6 ft wide by 30 inch tall pegboard to the wall.. today I will attach another one to another wall..

I have a whole wheelbarrow full of tools to sort through..
and a ton of junk to either file or toss..

Tomorrow if plans don't change, DD#1 said she would come out and help sort through the mess.. She want me to make her a few things, and I keep telling her that I can't work in a messy shop..

I need more room !!!! I have two shop sized table saws, and about 3 or 4 small ones.. along with all the other shop tools.. 4 compressors.. and about 5 skil saws.. etc etc.. when I was contracting, I had my young nephews and a son working for me.. They had no money, so I supplied all the tools needed. as a result, I have duplicates and triplicates of many many tools..

cuppa is cold.. time to go do something...

GN#6: Russel came through and found a handle for my turning plow.. no charge.. see CC ? somebody else likes me..

..............jiminwisc...........

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom