Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by bigzio, Sep 18, 2009.

1. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    OK Only joking!

Yah I cringe at the eggs in the supermarket that say organic and or free range. What a joke. People pay more thinking they are getting something special, or even[​IMG] humane.

I think I am going to have to get some more energy drink from starbucks. I just can't seem to get moving this morning.

Just wonderring what kind of herbs you plant Terri O for your salad.. I am interested in a big herb garden this year. I planted some mint in with the chickens and they seem to have plowed through three plants and I doubt it will even come back.

It is chilly here still. I checked my lettuce sprouts and they are still ok. You must have had a hard frost one night EL.

That is awesome about the cockatiels. That sounds like fun to watch them rear their young. hope they hatch!

Espresso for a door sounds good. I have a hard time imagining green on red or red on green. Hmmm. Just sounds Christmassy. lol

My dishwasher and refrigerator are now broken also. And I didn't do it!
    Stockman's quit carrying Kent feed about 6 months ago. drat!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  2. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

Tiki--you are really having a time of it arent you? I hope things get better--QUICK!
    So the herbs I include in my salads are everything that I plant! I even included some sage last night! (but not too much) You just want a little burst of flavor, then it's gone...kinda like "oh, what was that?" I included mint, chives, sage, oregano, some leafy thing (looks like parsley-but not) that I forgot the name of, cilantro and another long leafed thing. There, now you know just what to plant! [​IMG]
    Really, those are the perennials (except for the overwintered cilantro) that are presently growing in that garden. Later in the season there will be much more to include after I get the annuals in. The one thing that I was missing was lemon grass and Thyme. My lemon thyme didnt overwinter again...or maybe it is just late...I also like to include edible flowers in my salads...so pretty and delicious!
    I could talk about gardening forever! (sorry for those not into it!) Terri O

3. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Hello all! Just got 10 new birds! 5 polish, 5 RSL's. Now we have 23 birds.

4. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    Terri, there are a lot of words that come to mind to describe Bf4, and "precious" sure the heck ain't one of them! [​IMG]

Tiki, you are a riot! [​IMG]

3CF, congrats on the new birdies!

5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    That sounds like a scrumptious salad TO. And like you said NOW I know what to plant!!! [​IMG]

CC I couldn't resist. [​IMG]

Congrats on the new birds <CForever. [​IMG]

6. Bigfamily4me

Bigfamily4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2011
    Sauk City WI
    I love you too Rockin Robin! :D

7. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    BigFam.... relax! Just start offering them treats (after they have gotten used to you), like earthworms, mealworms,.... if you REALLY want them to like you, try giving them minnows. I swear that minnows are like crack for a duck, mine go bonkers every time we get them some. With 5 boys, you have patience... and don't give me any of that 'with age' garbage either. You are only a few years younger than me! ;) MY patience has gotten WORSE not better!

Your offer on the Australian Spotted is soooooooo tempting...... I bet SweetFolly would want in. I guess I'll stick with my mutt calls, they are still really cute. ;)

Taking a much deserved rest right now. I took off for work early this AM, came home around 10 and immediately started in on my goldfish pond. After messing around in the garage for 1/2 an hour trying to find my pump to empty the pond, I said heck with it and just used my filter pump to shoot the water out. What a stink! Smelled like a mucky river bottom. All cleaned up now, pump and filter are chugging away. It is funny how the calls stand just on the other side of my little fence and talk... it is like they are discussing how to break in and swim in the illegal pool. While I was outside my girls came out to tell me our Budgies are laying eggs. We have two nesting chambers hanging in the aviary and they are using both of them. Two dime sized eggs in one nest and one egg in the other..... anybody want some budgies??????

Can't think of anything else.....

8. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    Screw the nap, my mom just walked in....... [​IMG]

9. jvls1942

jvls1942 Chicken Obsessed

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    I'm back, obliviously.. I moved the two breeder pens away from the chicken coop and away from the apple tree.. I want to see the blossoms when they come.. and I need to get to the chicken coop window to clean out the coop.. I gave both pens a Southern exposure.. maybe that will perk up the Dels to lay more than 3 eggs a day..

As long as I had the tractor running, I dropped off the backblade and put on the cultivators.. then I dragged the whole garden to get the trash off.. (corn stalks that didn't rot over winter due to the dry winter we had..)

well , that egg that was pipped has made a little progress, but in the meantime, a barrock hatched.. it is still wet, but vocal.. he is #1 for the year..

I get a kick out of the peacock.. whenever I am outside, he tags along at a discreet distance.. He even followed me and the tractor down to the garden to watch me drag..

I feel like a nap.. but if I do, I won't get anything more done outside.. I have tires to inflate that went flat over winter.. and I am going to move the goose pond farther away from the house..
    One of these days , soon, I am going to cut some cedar 2x10 to length and plane them and start building the planter boxes..

geeze, I hope I don't run out of things to do..

.............jiminwisc................

I have a ton of fallen branches to pick up before I can even think of mowing the grass..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by