Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Morning all,

Bf4m, give the ducks a chance. Don't force yourself on them. Every adult animal that I bring home is basically fed and watered and left alone to settle in. It takes time but they will become used to the routine and learn to trust you.
Don't give up.

Did you see my PM. Do you want me to send you guinea eggs?

Looks Like I'll be taking a road trip down to Racine for Easter. I want to see my Auntie E. And my nieces baby Addie. I have some stuffed animals for her. One is a horse of course and the other one is a pig !!!! LOL

Ok, time to go clean some pens.

Hello FT...

I am talking Terri into setting guineas and letting me buy some. I'm afraid of staggered hatching in the same Bator. A newbie thing... ;)

Im thinking about hatching Australian Spotted Ducks. Theyre a bantam breed. They also lay cream, blue, or green eggs. I think they look cool, and their numbers are very low. I like the idea of oing my part to help an endangered breed. Would anyone else be interested? May be I can have them by bash...

How are the Lav silkie eggs? I wonder... If you can get some to hatch... If you would part with one... :p

Hi, still here.. when I got my peacock, I could not get within 100 feet from him.. Now he sits
on top of the gate and i can walk right under him.. just don't force it with your ducks..

what I was saying about the new format for post notification.. It is a different type heading than what I was getting, but now I noticed the block on the bottom left where I can click on and it takes me to the next post after what I posted.. OK, good to go again..

.............jiminwisc..........

Hi CC, you made it ..

bf4me to staggar hatches, set your slower eggs first, then wait the difference in days and set the next eggs, then they will all hatch on the same day..

ie. set guineas,, 28 days,, wait 7 days and set chicken eggs,21 days..

Last edited:
Good morning! Sorry to hear you cant post CC! Congrats on the upcoming puppies Jim...that is exciting! THe cockatiels too...to funny!
Almost 60 here on the porch. Pretty soon time to get outdoors....coffee's gone; considering making another pot. I only got two cups...certainly not enough! Thinking about moving the wall over in the stall so I can get the new cages to fit. I hope I can get them in. They will be slick for breeding pens if they work like I am hoping...otherwise I am not out much. I can use them for the thousands of quail that will be coming soon!
fl.gif

My computer came today and DH is formatting it...asking me a whole bunch of questions that I dont know the answers to...passwords and the like...I cant wait to get back on my own laptop...that is if he can get all my old stuff to transfer!

He says he is cutting lawn today...I need to put a strand of electric wire over the top of our road fence...those brat horses are still leaning over and bending it down--even with a whole pasture of grass to eat! They'd rather have lawn and that's way too rich!

I think I'd better make some more coffee....FT, are you driving past here on your way...wanna transport a couple turkeys for me?
Have a great day! TErri O

Whoo-hoo!

Sorry Jim, but I'm baaaaaack!
big_smile.png
Congrats to you & Nora, BTW.

Bf4, I agree with FT. Try giving the ducks some time. When I got Moose, he was so afraid of us. Not until just lately has he finally calmed down. Now he is an awesome guy. Sometimes it just takes a whole lot of patience, grasshopper.
wink.png

FT, DH said thank you for the birthday wishes.
smile.png

Well, lots to do today, so I better get to it. Bbl, I hope!

Back
Top Bottom