Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

OK TO.... when you wake up you must explain why you almost went to jail!

I am going to TRY to get to sleep early so I can get up and spend more time outside! I got so much "renovating" and cleaning in the coop to do! Plus, I got to catch 6 POL hens for the trade for the turkeys! DH let them out so no way could I chase them and catch 6 hens on about 3 acres (they go to abandon house next door) by myself! Got to clean out the (old) roo pen so the turkeys can get out of that chicken tractor! It's fine for 6 chickens... NOT 6 (though small) turkeys! I just hope they can get through the pop door to the coop! I can't make it bigger where it is. I got lots of projects to do and little or no help!
th.gif

I am so tired! getting to sleep shouldn't be a problem...Got up a little early Tue. to get ready for the butchering. Then wound up staying up 'till after 6 am to finish up cleaning and packing the freezer camp roos. Got to bed and all snuggled in and Isis jumped up all lovey dovey and purring hard! Then she started labored breathing! I looked and a little bubble was coming out her rear. I got up to get a box ready and put it next to the bed. She must have known it was going to be harder than last time because last time she hid and them alone. This time I had to play midwife! She's OK and has 5 healthy black kittens! 4 have white boots and mittens! I'll get a pic up soon.

I also picked up a chick to go with the keet.... they fight a bit but I think it's better than alone!

OK, I think I can sleep now.... chores are done! Night All!

Good Morning!

I see BigFam is back.... better brace yourselves.....
wink.png

It was my co-workers birthday yesterday. Her BF gave her a little Ruger handgun!!!! How cool is that!

Did not get the soap made yet...... the clock is ticking!!!!!

Everyone enjoy the day today!

Good Morning Good People!
frow.gif
H&R. Cind your killin me here. Was just talking to L about getting a kitten. But it has to be black and white.
hide.gif
Want to wait till this winter after wood making is done so I can spend the whole day training. Butttt...... Hope you can get your birds rounded up! TO behave yourself! And I was thinking that I know a guy named Steve that has birds. He drives truck and hauled parts into work often. Don't really know him other than meeting him. Lives on 54 just outside of Port Edwards. Got the splitter ready for action. I sprayed the orb thingy with carb cleaner and didn't lube it. Think dirt would adhere to the internals so I'm running it dry. We'll see. Made a new intake gasket and did a minor adjustment on the carb. L's cat Taz got me up at 5 so I made some suddenly salad and a carrot cake for up Nort. B'fast then out to split and haul. Bryan is coming out today and will pull the card on his trail cam hoping for a shot of the broom wielding L.
lau.gif

Morning all!
First off before I completely forget:

CC-I know of *possibly* two people with Seabrights. One is in Kentucky (big Seabright breeder!) and I'll have to have DH double check with a account of his to see if their friend has them. I think he does. He is in WI. How soon do you want them?

BBP-I'd love some pics of the Hamburgs! So far your the only one with "connections" to some! I'mm PM you! Thanks!

TO-I'll ask about the posters/ I'm not sure how many they are making. Since it's national I'd think quite a few! I'll see if I can have DH get a bunch when they make them. If I can get one to you I will.

Big Fam-Welcome back! Hope you had a great trip!!

BL4-that is cool your co worker got a Ruger. DH used to have a Bear Cat-I think that was what is was called! Unfortunately we had to sell it in tough times to help make the rent. That is one of the guns he misses the most...He oogles the one for sale at the local gun store when we go in.

Cind-Congrats to Isis! Sounds like she decided to have help this time around!! Smart cat!!

Well,
So yesterday I decided to get the space ready in the coop/barn for the rabbits. The plan I had was not going to work so I changed it. I set up the cages and got them all ready for the does and will move them today. The bucks will stay in the basement since between Buzzy's pen and the does set up space will be an issue with all the rabbits in once place since I don't want the bucks either next to each other or the does. I have to give the chickens their space too! I think this will work out perfectly!
I cleaned out the coop and put some shavings down and some straw. Once the meatie pen goes that will free up some more space to place winter waterers and such. Plus if I move Buzzy around a smidge I can get her a heated waterer too plus give her the heat lamp. She hates the cold weather. Too bad she is a pheasant. I'd make her wear a little dog sweater! LOL!
I got 12 baled of straw for my plans and only used two. I think the whole coop will take 3 once the meaties are gone. That's ok. I'll have straw for winter to add to the bedding. Clean out in spring will be a bear though. *sigh*.

Other then that, I have to clean out the basement rabbits and chickens and set up another rabbit cage for Dimitri. That is the plan! So I'd best get my break-ie!
Later!

Trying this again:
My story: I am at work and my man is all cleaned up and at the table with his wife. I am cooking bacon for breakfast. We had called the wife's son(57)'s cell phone to tell him that there was no need to stop at home to help that morning. It went right to voicemail so we left the message. Then the door opens and the wife says, "oh here's Benny!" I say, "Aw Ben, you shoulda checked your messages, we didnt need you today..." and as I was turning around from the stove he threw his stuff on the kitchen floor and started screaming! "We are so Fing sick of you Fing telling us what to do! You talk to us like we're Fing retarded. This is our Fing house and...." You get the idea. His Mom jumps up and grabs him by the shirt and backs him out into the garage while he is straining towards me with a gorilla expression and his arms waving! He proceeds to yell at her outside. So she is telling him to come inside and apologize. He tries to do that three times but keeps going into this gorilla rage every time he sees me! (I just kept cooking)
So anyway...I know now that if anyone comes at me I will have no problem defending myself; I had that meat fork in my hand (and later a knife) and I was ready to plunge that sucker right into his gut! I am not an easily scared person but I will admit I was pretty darn scared...
Who would have thought somebody could get that worked up? I am thinking that there is something wrong with him other than he is 57 and still living in his Mom's basement!

My first account was so much better (as it always is) but you all get the point I am sure...The other girls that were there reported the incident to their respective agencies which I am glad for. My DH wants to go there with me on Friday morning cause he things Benny is going to try something else...he said he wanted to go and knock him in the teeth last night. Yeah, I might not have confrontational tendencies but he sure does! Cripes...I think I am still shaking!

OK--now that you all know how I was almost arrested I can get back to chickens! Everyone is fine here. That link you posted about Mareks was very interesting MXM! I read through it all and it kinda sounds like it is everywhere any how. I wonder if that is what your hen had....
Kinda chilly sitting here in my summer jammies, socks, boots and skeeter coat...nice look for sure! I guess it's time to bring out the winter stuff again...someone was burning wood last night and it smelled so good outside! Man I wish we had a functional chimney!

OK I better git--got stuff to do before work! TerriOnotinjailforstabbinganyonetoday

good cold morning.. I think we finally got the frost that was lurking..

I got up at 5am today..

not planning on doing much today.. I think we will have to pull start the tractor.. I definitly have spark to the points..

welcome back bf4me ?.. were you gone ??

......jiminwiscwithcoldfeet......

Morning all!
question of a not so good nature for you more knowledgeable humane folks. Read somewhere else that the humane way to end a chickie's suffering is to spray a bag full of engine starter (aka ether). We don't have the spray but the liquid. Will this work the same? Reason I am asking is because my little hen StirFry has been going up and down every since the last "internal break?" a few days ago. Looking worse this morning (didn't go to roost last night). She really has a problem with cold anyway. (Has since I got her). Anyway, she was slow coming out of the coop this morning. I scattered all kinds of yummies for the girls this morning because of the cold and she stared at them and looked interested for a minute then just wandered over against the coop to get into the sun and closed her eyes (just barely pecked at her favorite mealworms yesterday). She looked "puffed" in the front so I gently checked her crop but it seems ok. I'm guessing this last time, with all her other "leaking" problems, she may have developed some kind of internal infection. since she just keeps having one problem after another, I am not going to try to bring her back again. If she recovers on her own, GREAT, but if she continues to go down, it may be time to let her go. Processing her is out of the question. I wouldn't eat her even if I weren't attached so I am looking for better way to help her go than chopping her head off (for both of us). Input folks?????

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom