Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Delish, hubby is the same :)
Irish, never fails to have a couple camera shy ;-)
Since I have never hatched, im goingto ask a stupid ? Can't you just help the little buggers out once they start pips? If not, why?
they need the exercise of working their head/neck to unzip the shell. the birds I have seen that were helped always have had droopy heads and have spent alot of time strengthening their necks instead of getting on their feet. My father is a helper and it has cost me birds in the past

Once you see that helping is not helpful, it is easier to not help.

Last edited:
I am selling 2, 7 week old polish. My daughter picked them out and now decided that she doesn't want them. They are not friendly enough for her. They are a little to skiddish. I have had them for 3 weeks now. I am selling both together and would like to get $30 for the pair. I have them on craigslist for $40 but for BYC'ers I will take $30. I am in Mosinee. PM me if interested.

Sorry I didn't remember to say they are sold as a straight run and must go together.

DrH, I am so very sorry to hear about your dad. You and your family are in our prayers.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Terri, thank you for the update on DrH. That was sweet of you to call him.
hugs.gif

Irish, that is great seeing Danny out enjoying the sun!

cuties, as the chicks are working to free themselves from their shell, they are also absorbing the yolk for proper nutrition and survival. They also need their umbilical to heal up so they don't bleed to death. If you help them out, you can very well kill them. As JJ said, they need to struggle getting out of the shell in order to be strong enough to survive. If they die before that, then they most likely had something wrong with them. The best thing, I think, that you can do for your chicks is to keep your mitts off of them. They've been hatching for thousands of years without our help. I'm not going to start now.
smile.png

I get 4 - 5 eggs a day from the 6 of them. don't know who the slacker is! Which one did you tell me had been broody already?
Actually that is pretty darn good. Hens don't necessarily lay every single day. (Well, my PRs did, but they burned out before hitting 2 years old). Their bodies need a break. I'm sure yours are all laying, just one takes a day off today, another takes a day off tomorrow, etc.

Oh DrH I am so sorry..... At best at least they are both together again.....

Of course posting from the phone I can't do the hugging smilies.... HUGS!

Back
Top Bottom