Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Ha ha CC... You had a bunch of hooligan chicks... Just like their momma on wheels! :D

Oh and I loved the "heathers mean to cripples" comment. You never use the cripple card, unless it's to make me look bad! Mean, evil Robin!

How's the sweet Heather chicken btw? ;)

Good evening--kids are gone already!
celebrate.gif
Two early nights in a row; glad cause I have an 8am meeting about the community gardens tomorrow. The woman wants me to run a sort of "children's garden" in with the other ones. I am trying to get a chicken coop there too...just think how lucky those birds would be with all the imperfect veggies! AND the site could make it's own compost! I will see how it goes.
Terri...never heard about more from the sweet,potato project...where do we pick up?
Kristip--I got an email about a training to learn about how to grow them...then you pick up the slips there. CHeck your junk mail I guess--that's where I found my notice!
Looking for all advice since this is my first time with broody hens.
You are funny Judge! Chickens have been hatching babies for a really long time now! They know exactly what to do. Probably the best thing for you to do is to just let her "do her thing!"
If you grow up the babies with the Mom then they too will learn to be good Mothers. Sometimes you have to go through a few to get to that point (I have found) But now I have a self sustaining flock that lives in the top of my barn!

I guess I will head on up to bed...I havent been able to read for a few nights and I really want to get this book done. I have to remember my phone too--my alarm clock likes to sleep in on occasion!
Nighties! Sweet dreams...TerriO

So, the Horse Fair was fun, albeit a LOT of walking, which normally I welcome but can only walk so much at 5 months along. Good thing for clinics to watch. FT, as this was my first Fair I have nothing much to compare it to, but there were only 2 good clinicians that we saw: one of the trainers for the U.S. Olympic riding team (can't remember his name) and Dan James. We went to all 6 of Dan's clinics. When I post pics you will see why.
wink.png
Seriously, he has amazing techniques for horses. And he Roman rides. And is a cute Australian. I'll stop now.

We saw Twain on Sunday and said hello to Elvis! Gotta love Twain, he gave us some bags of feed and coupons, and said he would get us some items for the raffle at the Bash. He also said Heather will be coming out of hibernation soon to join us! Yay!

The theme of the Fair was Horses & Heroes, it was great to see all the recognition and accolades for our armed forces. There were re-enactment riders showing all the uniforms of mounted soldiers thru our history, wounded veterans on therapy horses, the Kettle Morraine Rough Riders Drill Team, and other events thanking our veterans. Got teary more than once.

Terri & BL4, you better be there next year!

So, the Horse Fair was fun, albeit a LOT of walking, which normally I welcome but can only walk so much at 5 months along. Good thing for clinics to watch. FT, as this was my first Fair I have nothing much to compare it to, but there were only 2 good clinicians that we saw: one of the trainers for the U.S. Olympic riding team (can't remember his name) and Dan James. We went to all 6 of Dan's clinics. When I post pics you will see why.
wink.png
Seriously, he has amazing techniques for horses. And he Roman rides. And is a cute Australian. I'll stop now.
yuckyuck.gif
I remember your pics of the Aussie from last year. I know exactly why you went to all 6 of his clinics, girl.
wink.png
lau.gif

Glad to hear about Twain & MLH.

Sweet Heather chicken really is sweet. I, however, made a cold, heartless, unthinking, inexcusable, assinine comment that was completely uncalled for and anything but amusing. I cannot apologize to you enough, Heather. I am so incredibly sorry for being such a dumbass.

Last edited:
Oh ho... Fr@ck you girlie! I sincerely believe a cherry pit may end up in your sangria. If you choke on it, I know the heimlich. Be careful you don't park too close to the fire. I wonder what roasted robin smells like? B.S.? :D

Well I don't know. I'm probably 50 lbs overweight with no end insight. My anti anxiety meds don't let me lose weight hardly at all. It's not the first time (or second or third) that I've gotten a fat comment or reference. Yep, a sore spot. May be Jim and I should go hide out together... JIMBO you got space for me up there???

Back
Top Bottom