Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

She's definitely gasping and making this terrible crying sound that makes my skin crawl.  I don't have any medicines here.  I would have to run to fleet farm.  I may have to use a syringe to get her to drink though.  I don't think she's interested in anything right now.  I can go get some Sulmet though if they have it at Fleet Farm.  They do have it on their website...   Do you suppose it's safe for ducks?  They drink a lot of water...

I did get mine at fleet farm. Call first a lot of them are out. Do not force it in if you use a syringe. Just drops. Otherwise try dippi g her beak. The farmer told me he gave it to ducks.
But it sounds lime it might b a little late if shes going that fast. Im sorry lisa. Give it a try!

She's definitely gasping and making this terrible crying sound that makes my skin crawl.  I don't have any medicines here.  I would have to run to fleet farm.  I may have to use a syringe to get her to drink though.  I don't think she's interested in anything right now.  I can go get some Sulmet though if they have it at Fleet Farm.  They do have it on their website...   Do you suppose it's safe for ducks?  They drink a lot of water...

I would get acv for your water on a regular basis for the babies. But ask others who have ducks. I have been instructed to do it with the chicks. We have only ever lost the 2...

TO, you have ducks, right?...
Del? What do you use?

I did get mine at fleet farm. Call first a lot of them are out. Do not force it in if you use a syringe. Just drops. Otherwise try dippi g her beak. The farmer told me he gave it to ducks.
But it sounds lime it might b a little late if shes going that fast. Im sorry lisa. Give it a try!
I don't know I went out to take a video of what she was doing and she did like 5 quick coughs in a row and then went outside and started picking at the dirt and only making the crying noise a little so there might be time yet. It's really hard to describe what she is doing but I search for crying hens and found some threads. Interestingly enough most of the posts were Easter Eggers or Americaunas doing this "crying." Seems like sometimes they "cry" when something is wrong with them. My husband is going to check Fleet Farm on his way home for the Sulmet. Anything else to try if they are out of Sulmet? I know Judge said VetRX...

Lisa

I'm going to try and post the video shortly...it's so weird...but haven't been having any luck with posting pictures the last few days.

Lisa

Well I can't post the video. I would have to upload onto YouTube first. Anyone who wants to see though I can email it to you...so weird...

I am posting it public on FB and will edit the link in here once it's done uploading. Please take a look and let me know if you have seen something like this before.

Here is the link to the video

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you check her all over then? To make sure she didn't get injured in any way?
Id think of seperating her... just incase. For now anyway. Im going to try to watch it...

Hey, folks,
Looks like some of us might be in for a wild night tonight!

Midwest could see strong windstorms from derecho
Gusts could reach 100 mph

"Storms developing to our west during the afternoon and evening hours today could create what is known as a derecho moving through Wisconsin Tuesday night.
A derecho is a line of storms that moves very fast, can last for hours, and packs winds of 75 MPH or above both in front of and behind the line. These lines can also involve heavy rain and large hail, along with a small chance of embedded tornadoes.

News 3 Meteorologist Bob Lesh says if this line develops it will begin to move through after midnight and completely pass by mid-morning. There is a possibility of an inch or more of rain from this system and winds up to 100 mph." from:
http://www.channel3000.com/weather/...derecho/-/1636/20513654/-/ycb7xx/-/index.html

Stay safe!
Elaine

Quote:
FT - Yes, I ck'd Cutlers. But I had been looking so much I got burnt out and didn't pay much attn to what they had. Just mainly scanned thru it.

I was gonna say somethign else about incubators, but the dog peed on the carpet and I had to take them out. When I came back, this was still up and I've no clue what I was gonna say. Eh. Oh well. The only part that I can remember is that I can't sit here and try to jerry rig something, as I wouldn't even know where to begin. It doesn't matter if there are learning sections or not, I gurarantee my first few hatches will not turn out because i'm trying to play around with it to see what works, what doesn't, tweak this, troubleshoot that, temp's too high, humidity's too low, look it up see what other people suggest. I just don't have the time or energy to do all that (much less the brain power
lau.gif
), and then loose out $$$ because all the eggs I bought flopped. I am not mechanically inclined and I completely suck at tweaking or rigging things, may as well build from scratch. Quite frankly, that defeats the purpose of buying something that works. I'm paying money for something that works so that I don't have to. As one person said; I should be able to just plug it in and forget about it. If it comes with a temp control, a humidity control, and a turner, what else would I need to do aside from check in from time to time to make sure that everything operating normal. It does the work for you. Or it should. That's what I'm paying the extra money for. {{shrugs}}
Psyco peeps,

It is difficult to give advise to someone who does not have the time and energy to read information and educate themselves about chickens. Chickens can be challenging and they need a safe environment.

I would be delighted to spend some time with you and help you...after you build your coop and have a safe place for all that you have now.

There is no incubator that is set and forget it under $300. The humidity control only works if you put in water and those are cabinet incubators and high end incubators with additional attachments.

Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas on my chick?
Stress cocci..
Well I can't post the video. I would have to upload onto YouTube first. Anyone who wants to see though I can email it to you...so weird...

I am posting it public on FB and will edit the link in here once it's done uploading. Please take a look and let me know if you have seen something like this before.

Here is the link to the video
I do not remember where I seen something simular. They treated with Tylan

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom