Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

TERRI `- just an FYI - The large rooster, the one that had never been sick, other than a mild to moderate case of round worm like the two my friend also got, (check older posts plz Jim-I apologize if I failed to make this clear) and the one I was going to return to you, has been re-homed to a very sweet gentleman who was grateful to get him, with full disclosure of it's history. I have a trusted reputation within the Christian community and could not in good concience do anything less.
There was so much interest I could have easily gotten rid of Pepper and more roos!!!! However, even tho I am no longer totally convinced that Pepper had cocci but just the worst infestation of roundworms I have ever seen in a living bird, he will live his life out here as I cannot be certain and could not live with myself, if I made someone else's flock ill.
This will be my last mention of this matter here or on any other thread.

Everyone have a great Sunday

and coming soon....

Night All!
Coming soon? Does that mean you're going to be making some? They sure are cute! I doubt they'd hold up with roos around, though. What next? Chickie booties?
gig.gif

Kildare, nice to see you chime in.
frow.gif

Terri & Del, you are some tough gals! I had to put the heat on last weekend. Too darn cold in this house in the evenings. Brrr!

Suppose I better get moving. The sun is actually out! Have a great day, Cheesies!

Hi all--I am guessing that she is meaning SN*W is on it's way CC...I know, I know you were wishrul thinking for some of those shawls for your girls!
gig.gif
gig.gif
Dam^ the Smileys did it again! Instead of double posts I get double smileys...
he.gif
LOL!

VickiW I am glad that the roo found a good home and that you are keeping Pepper. I am still holding out for it to be a girl! Did both of your friends' birds also turn out to be roos? If so I think I will stay with selling chicks or ones that are crowing/laying...my percentage of being right is not that good!

I have to head outside very soon to see how every thing is doing...with the move and all. AND get this, I do believe we have finally had our first frost! The squash plant leaves are a bit droopy this morning and I can see the hubbards...I will take a pic--I think we will be eating squash at many meals this winter! I was also happy to see quite a few butternut and buttercup squash too! SO now that those vines are down I need to dig my sweet potatoes too...they say that once the vines die the potatoes underneath deteriorate quickly unlike white potatoes (which also need to be dug) Hey, I have a great idea....how about a digging party here at my place?
clap.gif
(I think the smileys are fixed)

Guess I better get moving...I have to be at work in an hour!
TerriO

DrH, don't stay away so long!!!! I miss reading your posts!

I suppose people fail to realize that if there are issues, a PRIVATE MESSAGE is in order instead of broadcasting it on a public forum. If you choose to disclose on the forum then you should be prepared for the response you get and not take everything personally. I know in the past I have asked that this function of the board to be utilized more often than it is in order to keep the # of posts per day down to a reasonable level for the individuals who do not have the faster internet speeds or just because I personally do not need to know the details of every single little meeting members have with one another. Of course this is just my opinion, and I do spend a lot of time skipping posts of this nature. When I joined this group back in 2009 we talked about family, gardening, our birds, all sorts of things. People have differing opinions and they were respected for them. I suppose with the current climate people have forgotten what it is like to be kind to one another and treat each other with respect. Take two minutes to look at what you are going to post, once it is up on the internet it is here for good even if you delete it later. We were all taught the Golden Rule as kids, I think as adults we have forgotten it.

I have met some amazing people on this site; people I would never have known if not for my wanting to incubate a few chicken eggs. I love that I have people who I call friends living in all areas of WI. I love hearing about your lives, your families, what you are all up to, your interests, your opinions, your stories. I really enjoy our smaller get-togethers, and the Bash is a blast. I am sorry that recent events on this thread have driven so many away. I used to look forward to checking out what was going on with everyone, now not so much.

I was asked Friday if I would say anything to the plant manager if he decided to speak with me about my leaving, I suppose the same statement I was going to say to him applies here as well.

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

And with that, I believe it is time for me to join the lurkers.

TERRI - Looks like my friend Al' s(short for Alicent) bird's are one of each, judging by size etc and comparing them to my known roo. Hard to tell for certain yet because her birds are developing a little slower. I had mine on everything the best I could get my hands on to help them (even tho Pepper was the sick one, they were kept in isolation together so the other one got to pig out too) and hers were just on Nutrena chick starter/grower.. Turned out to be a good side by side example of what can be done even above feeding a good starter.
So we're not a 100% positive on hers yet. She is having a time with them tho. The stinkers won't go in the coop with the big girls, they keep trying to get back into their private run that Al now has filled with a "surprise " hatch baby ducks so they don't freeze to death.

Last edited:
DrH, don't stay away so long!!!! I miss reading your posts!

I suppose people fail to realize that if there are issues, a PRIVATE MESSAGE is in order instead of broadcasting it on a public forum. If you choose to disclose on the forum then you should be prepared for the response you get and not take everything personally. I know in the past I have asked that this function of the board to be utilized more often than it is in order to keep the # of posts per day down to a reasonable level for the individuals who do not have the faster internet speeds or just because I personally do not need to know the details of every single little meeting members have with one another. Of course this is just my opinion, and I do spend a lot of time skipping posts of this nature. When I joined this group back in 2009 we talked about family, gardening, our birds, all sorts of things. People have differing opinions and they were respected for them. I suppose with the current climate people have forgotten what it is like to be kind to one another and treat each other with respect. Take two minutes to look at what you are going to post, once it is up on the internet it is here for good even if you delete it later. We were all taught the Golden Rule as kids, I think as adults we have forgotten it.

I have met some amazing people on this site; people I would never have known if not for my wanting to incubate a few chicken eggs. I love that I have people who I call friends living in all areas of WI. I love hearing about your lives, your families, what you are all up to, your interests, your opinions, your stories. I really enjoy our smaller get-togethers, and the Bash is a blast. I am sorry that recent events on this thread have driven so many away. I used to look forward to checking out what was going on with everyone, now not so much.

I was asked Friday if I would say anything to the plant manager if he decided to speak with me about my leaving, I suppose the same statement I was going to say to him applies here as well.

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

And with that, I believe it is time for me to join the lurkers.
or at least pick a topic we ALL want to argue about.

with that in mind... You mentioned climate change. Glad you don't deny it.

Wow terri!! Thats some squash!!!

Pup got neutered today. Just picked him up. It went very well. Seemed like a decent place in green bay. Worked out pretty well. I dropped.him in the am. Went home, came back. Went to the game, left a little early. And were on the road!

Chickens seemed well the little I saw them today. Brownie too. I miss the kiddos!!

Hopefully pup will be feeling well for class tomorrow.

Del, did joe come home with a kitty?

Back
Top Bottom