Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Who? Who?
Is there an owl in here CC??
big_smile.png

Sorry. Was busy reading.

Very impressive runs, Sam.
thumbsup.gif

ETA: Mel, have you posted that property before? I remember seeing it a couple months ago.

Last edited:
Look at the fun we had to deal with. Yesterday we were supposed to take our "scaredy cat" to the vet. The cat was fine until DH bent down to put him in the pet taxi, and all of a sudden the cat just freaked & bit and clawed the hell out of his hands. Needless to say, kitty did not make it to the vet, but we made a trip to urgent care for a few hours today. And we get to go back tomorrow to make sure the infection isn't spreading. Oh joy. And DH's band had to cancel their gig tonight, too. You'd think it was still Friday the 13th...........

10450433_10204157441238011_4223256389741118775_n.jpg

I see I.V. antibiotics in Steve's future........ I hope they get the infection under control, cats have nasty buggy mouths (but you knew that already). It could take a few weeks to completely clear up, and
fl.gif
the infection is not in the joint.

Call Ducks, roughly 26 days.
big_smile.png

Cuties, I had a face-to-face interview on Wed. I suppose I should hear from them this week. It is not exactly the direction I want to go in, but if I take the job I am not going to stop applying for something I really want and in an area I want to move to. One of those lets see what they have to offer.

Nothing exciting here.

They gave him an antibiotic injection & orals so far. They seem to be helping. Some of the redness & swelling has subsided. We shall see how it looks tomorrow.
fl.gif

I have been putting Cindy's goop on the scratches. Good thing I stocked up!

Knock on wood I have not lost one bird this year..
Thanks Jim!!! I love cookie..she is terrified of most things..a rabbit made her run away when it came after her..but her presence is great for Hawks.

Sorry for every ones losses..it bites!!

Summers was short!! Frost on the grass a few mornings. Today seem like it will be a good one..I tore down all the incubators. I will not fire one up until September for next years show birds...Please smack me if I do!! I have enough birds that can hatch all summer if I want or need chicks.

Cuties..how many Silver Laced do you have? If you want to add a different line to yours let me know. I swapped eggs with someone who has some Foley birds and I have 6 chicks. I think one male and the rest pullets. I will swap a few pullets if you do.

Kendra..do not take predators away from the dog. You are teaching him the opposite of what his job is and he can get confused. Next time what if one comes to kill chickens and he is afraid to get into trouble?
I agree Vicki, but he was just barking at the thing, I didn't tell him no or keep him from it. He did his job by getting my attention. The darn thing fell out of the tree and was laying there unconscious.

good morning, just an update.. not for sympathy, just for your information..

I took puppy back to the vet this morning.. we had to put her down ..
the infection entered the brain.. If he could have saved her, the damage was not predictable ..
so rather than taking the chance we did the deed ..

.........jiminwisc...........

Awww Jim, so sad. The kids will be really sad as they grew so close to her at the bash. We will all have fond memories. Again, sorry for Ana's passing!
Evening All..Dang tough news about puppy Jim. She had a good time at the bash for sure.

Crazy busy here...thanks for sharing all the news!

bigz

Brent-please PM me with the cost of that window that Ryan broke. We want to pay for the expense.
Poor chicken mom is going nuts over turkey chicks making it through the wire... so put some poultry fencing up and she is much calmer and Gary swears he heard her say "Thank you"... they are eating like crazy and have such huge feet like a chick on steroids.... Going to take DH to the brewer game tomorrow for father's day... Rain in the forecast so thankful there is a roof... We will be right behind the dug out... spent way too much $$ but its his day he deserves it after all these years putting up with moi...Jim I am trying my potatoes in a huge plastic tub this year they are growing like gang busters and I can see flower buds already, could use a little rain down here. Have a great Dad's day all you dads!
Your comment about Gary saying that he heard the turkey mom say thanks,just made me laugh! It really was great to meet the two of you!

I've been busy in the yard/garden as well. DH got all of the drip irrigation hoses installed and I finished burying them today. I had to transplant a few items into the rows with the hoses. DS10 helped me water and fertilize the transplants and DD11 helped me bury the hoses. "Nuthatch" makes me laugh. As we were out burying the hoses, she keeps yelping at the surprised spiders that she is disturbing and at the items in the "mulch". She asked, "what is with all of this stuff in the dirt...where is this dirt from?" I asked,"Do you really want to know?" "Yes", she says. Now my answer I had expected to freak her out, but when I replied "its compost and chicken poop", she didn't even blink an eye. Anyway, besides the garden, I helped a friend clear winter away from her yard. She had knee replacement surgery that went very wrong. She ended up with a splattering of clots in her lungs and is just now recovering from it and able to get out into the yard for extended periods of time. She gave me a bunch of transplants also.

Theo is staying out of the garden mostly now. He did come in a few times today following DH when he entered. But when I yelled for him to get out, he did right away without playing the "come and make me" game! He has now decided that running out of the yard is the new "come and get me" game. He is also catching chickens for entertainment.
barnie.gif
He isn't doing anything with them, but one of them must have said "catch me if you can" and he did. He is doing well with everything else. He generally sits on command and has no problem entering the vet office now (we are still working on that darn scale).

Cuties-do you have a suggestion to end Theo's come and get me game? When he'd play it in the garden, I'd just walk away. When he lost the attention that he wanted, it wasn't fun. I don't feel that this is an option when he is running out of the yard by the road. Any ideas?

Well, now that I've written a FT length post, I think I should turn in for bed. I've got to drive DD13 to Munster, IN by 9:30am tomorrow!

I did the loooonnnggggg line attached to the dog. He needs to learn 'come'. When he acts like he is going to take off and has the long line on (I had it attached to me) give the command 'come'. If he does not, then give a tug to the line and give the command again. When he does come of course treat him. I have found any of the liver treats work well for dog training. Just my 2 cents. Same thing with the vet scale. Keep taking him in and putting him on it and treating him when he is on it. If you can get him to sit on it that is even better.

HI All!

Wow CC....DH really got beat up! The goop is great for the scratches, however it can't heal what it can't reach. keep him on the antibiotics! Although, gooped and wrapped it will probably help with the swelling.
I'm the one that posted that house when it went up for sale.

Bigfam.... Hope you find some duck eggs.

wildsam....cool pallet projects! We're hoping to get a privacy fence made out of ours.

Pepper has 4 chicks now! Considering what that nest went through I'm happy with that. I'll check what's left of the eggs. If no more look active I'll pitch them. Jasmine is sitting quietly on hers now.

Night All!

good morning,,
I am happy this morning,, we got a real nice soaker of a rain after midnight..
just what the garden needed..
it also means I have a couple of days to get my irrigation system in place.
ie. (hoses stretched and coupled together ) ..

well, I am sitting and staring at the screen,,
must be suffering from CRS and Lacka Cuppa .
better go remedy some of that right now..

.....jiminwiscbbl.........

Looks like it might be a good morning..

The crazy bird hatched out three chicks last night..She will beat up anything that moves when she has chicks. I am so glad there are no loose juvies free ranging anymore.

3 more hens left to hatch out chicks and than I hope I am done for a while.

Joe likes his job..I am so glad he is working.

Sam, that is amazing building skills!
Cs, this is where the name game comes into play. Make yourself more entertaining then the grass on the otherside. When you follow him trying to get him it is a game. If you run away calling as you did while teaching the name game, that want to come to you will kick back in. AlwAys play the name game. Even when he is ten. Do it just for practice. He will always be like a child. You need to repeat over and over. Or he will forget the learned behavior.

Back
Top Bottom