Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

So who is attending the bash? I plan on heading up there tomorrow evening. We are not camping this year but I will come back for the raffle and pot luck on Saturday.

So who is attending the bash? I plan on heading up there tomorrow evening. We are not camping this year but I will come back for the raffle and pot luck on Saturday.
I am planning on showing up Sat morning. will leave after the raffle so I can get home before dark..
I will have to come alone, Annie's Dr does not want her too far away..

......jiminwisc........

good afternoon,

well, I got one of the corn patches all planted.
7 ea 50ft rows.. about 100 seeds per row.

even planted one row of beans,, 100 ft long.. I used up some seed from last year, just to finish out the row.. a packet doesn't go very far.
GS helped me with the tilling and planting. got to the end of the bean row and had about 15 seeds left. he asked me what he should co with them , I told him to throw them into the alfalfa field..

Annie bought some bush type cucumber seeds. I will make a row of them.. and a few hills of buttercup squash , and a bed of beets. 12 tomato plants and 8 pepper plants and then I am done planting..

the pullet chicks are devouring the corn and oats.. I'm glad to see that. for some reason, they were a lot calmer and friendlier today. up until yesterday they stayed in a bunch and acted scared of me. today they are all scattered and some walked right over my feet.

I was in the mood to mow some lawn after supper, but I am all caught up on the mowing. I could probably tame some of the tall weeds behind the garage,,,,,,,,naah.

the blackberries are LOADED with buds. and they are starting to open up. prolly will make some wine with some of them,, and restock my blackberry jam supply. sometimes some of the jam does not jam, but then the syrup is good on ice cream and pancakes.

my hips and back ache like blazes, but to get all that corn planted, it is worth a little pain
a couple glasses of wine and I should sleep right through the pain.

...........jiminwisc........

I think the unidentified chick is a modern game.

Won't know who is coming til they show bl4. We will have a few Friday night for sure. Should be a grand time like always.

bigz

I plan to be at the bash on Saturday after I close the store - like last year. I miss all the fun earlier in the day.
sad.png

I'll try to remember to bring the rhubarb!

Got the lower level of drawers and cupboards in the kitchen a second coat of stain yesterday evening. Now to menards for some foam bridges for the poly and a propane refill to grill some salmon later on so I don't have to cook in the kitchen with freshly clear coated cupboards. Hopefully over the weekend we muster up the ambition to sand and stain the upper level. Finally making some progress in the remodel but let me tell you what. It's not easy working 2 jobs and trying to work on your house too, not to mention everything costs an arm and a leg. Should be putting the counter tops and sink in next weekend and maybe flooding the weekend after. Then perhaps a well deserved lazy weekend. It would be so nice to give someone a pile of cash, say I want this, this, and this done and disappear for a week.

I forgot....the dreaded painting step is in terr somewhere. Painting is one thing I could easily live without ever having todo again. I'd rather pick porcupine quills out of my arse. I have a superb plan this time tho, I'm gonna do a terrible job my first stroke of the brush and my wife will say " never mind I'll just do it!"
1f64f.png
Does anyone have experience in such a tactic?? Any pointers would be appreciated tremendously

Back
Top Bottom