Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Bigz-the chicks are hatching out. I've got the 2 mom's locked up to keep the chicks safe until they can manage the ramp.
Cookie is not goung to be able to stay here, so if you want a maremma, let me or vicki (delisha) know.....TerriO

Good news on the chicks cs....keep me posted with your final tally....it takes quite a while to determine the pullets and cockerels with the combs and addles so small, however large feet and shanks usually ends up pretty boys. Hope you have good luck with them....my two year old hens are laying nice xlarge eggs.

Time to mow grass again.... bummer.

bigz

good afternoon,

I have always been meaning to get a real rain gauge .
I mostly go by the puddles in the driveway, If the one near the road is full, then it is up to 1/4 " but if the one nearer to the house is full, then it is an inch or more.

I am glad I decided to give the guinea eggs a few days of grace.. some of them are pipping.. now that makes me think that I might have tossed the first batch too soon..

Annie is doing a row of corn per day.. the patch is really looking nice. I replanted some stretches where the corn did not come up.

GG72. Your ears must have been ringing today. I was talking about you to my DD Barby. I went to Hsu's and picked up a yard of compost for her. while she was unloading it, I told her about your pickup unloader tarp.
It really sounded like a good idea , then .

I had a tarp in the pickup bed, but there was nowhere to tie a rope to, to unload it that way. I can tie the rope to the tractor here, and then drive away with the truck..
she wouldn't let me tie it to the power pole in the alley at her house. that would have put the pile not where she wanted it..

........jiminwisc......

Last edited:
good morning,

snatched some coffee from the pot before it was done brewing, I think my eyes will be open for a long time
ep.gif

there is one guinea hatched. one pip from last night hasn't made any progress.
there is a goose pipped now, too.
It hasn't made any progress since last night either.

I have to drop off a snowblower and pick one up today.
I have a Hahn Eclipse rototiller that I might clean up and see if I can get it going. It is the first tiller I bought new, over 45 years ago.
it was always dependable, but I quit using it when I bought my Troy Bilt back in 1977

..........jiminwisc.......

I have my first Troy built and have been using it like crazy. Sure can put more rows in a garden when you have one. I have 36 tomato plants in two rows and it tills between them like a dream.

I have my first Troy built and have been using it like crazy. Sure can put more rows in a garden when you have one. I have 36 tomato plants in two rows and it tills between them like a dream.

Do you have the hiller/furrower ?
that is a handy attachment.

I hilled my potatoes with just the furrower, then finished them up with a hoe.

when the corn gets at least knee high, I will hill them, too.

I only wish there was a very narrow furrower . I would use it like a cultivator to cut the weeds down the center of the row. there is a strip between the tines that doesn't get tilled unless the tines are set deep
sometimes I like to just till very shallow.

I just cut the whole lawn. I did not go through the orchard, though.

I have a few exposed roots to get rid of. the blades just buzz the tops of them, but I am afraid one of these times they might catch and break something.

still only 2 guineas hatched so far. the goose either gave up or is taking a long break..

..........jiminwisc.......

I do not have the hilling attachment. I just kind of aim the back of the tiller towards the plant or go back through with a hoe. We don't bother with corn. We have a cousin that usually puts in a field of sweet corn and will give the family whatever they need. I don't have an orchard, but I did just put in 3 more apple trees so we have 5 now. We only have 2 acres so I only get to do so much.

Hi Wisconsinites. I am looking to rehome my 8.5 week old Brown leghorn rooster. He has been socialized, but he isn't nearly as sweet as my girls. He is free to any takers. I'm in the Milwaukee area. Can't keep him because of village ordinance
1f629.png

good afternoon,

Daethan, you could make a single hook and attach it where the hiller would go. then you could make furrows for planting.

we are at 4 guinea keets and 1 gosling..

I would give it to my pair of geese, but these incubator babies sometimes do not have the instinct to go with the big geese..

The big ganders are natural fathers.. more nurturing than the females are ..

I have carb parts soaking. DD Barby picked up a Craftsman snow thrower for $5.oo. I think it just needs a carb cleaning.. we will know as soon as I get it put back together..

........jiminwisc........

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom