Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Quote: some forecast for after 3 PM today.. and then no more until next Wednesday.
My soil drains real fast. I could use rain every 3 days.
Can we say "garden hose" boys and girls ?
I didn't make any coffee today.
I think I will go to the Red Apple . their coffee isn't the best, but there always is a lot of conversation..

.........jiminwisc........

We have an old tree, Cottonwood, near our house. We share a driveway and it sits right in the Y where the drives split. It is well over 100. If it comes down in a storm, it comes down.....we would not think of cutting it. Sometimes Trees are more important than some people, not people that live around here but a lot of people, in my opinion in D.C. could be chopped off at the knees. Don't get excited anyone, I am mildly kidding.

Good day to you all. Garden is growing well and so are the weeds
hmm.png
Trying to keep up.

We bought a new stove as we had pushed the old one as far as she could go. Not running was the final straw.

Cookie is doing much better. No fence jumping or fighting
celebrate.gif

Brent we only have had one chick hatch. I'm thinking the rest are duds. I'll give it through this weekend. The one chick has a dark brown patch on its head and amber coloring otherwise. Does this breed show gender identification at all?

good afternoon,

Jim P just came and collected his keets.. ended up with 9.

made a deal with him for some Muscovy eggs. free is good.

Now I have just this one lonely gosling now that the guineas are gone. I have her sitting contentedly on my lap. I will try to put her in with the guineas in the chicken coop again. maybe now that she is a couple of days older, and used to the guineas that were here, she will adapt ..
fl.gif
???

.Firstchic, I agree about the folks in DC.

we are having a nice gentle rain here right now. It came quite a few hours earlier than the forecasters predicted.
at least it did come..

.........jiminwisc........

MIL said we got about an inch in 10 minutes today. Hubby and I were at the surgery center with our daughter. She had her tonsils and adenoids removed. She was a total trooper and came through with flying colors.

5:42 AM Where is Jim?

I might have a home for the lonely gosling....... I need to get a chicken train set up on Saturday/Sunday though since yu are an hour away from me and this person is 2.5 house South of me......

SSDD here. Nothing to report. :)

6:3o AM ,, and I am here..

we had no internet connection until just 5 minutes ago
telephone calls to Verizon do not help .

The lone gosling has been put out into the chicken coop brooder with the guinea keets.
JimP came and got his guineas, so the gosling was really alone and not liking it.. so I put her on my lap and she promptly shut up and soon fell asleep..

I tried again to introduce her to the adult pair. no luck there again.
I
I think she is going to be white,, or maybe buff.
My geese are mixed breeds, so I don't know what their background is.. but I have had buffs appear in past hatches.

that rain was really needed. my garden drains really well. so in two days, it is dry enough to work again.
No rain for another week, so I can see myself doing some watering .

the lone puppy is growing. no competition at the dinner table. Her biggest concern is which teat to choose.

........jiminwisc......

5:42 AM Where is Jim?

I might have a home for the lonely gosling....... I need to get a chicken train set up on Saturday/Sunday though since yu are an hour away from me and this person is 2.5 house South of me......

SSDD here. Nothing to report. :)

anybody going East past Wausau toward G Bay ?

.........jiminwisc..........

Back
Top Bottom