Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Nice Day in Wisconsin, EH! I've been busy in the gardens and the lawn and down at Camp...we called in the pro's to knock down a big white oak by the gate...sweet the way they can do things with their bucket lift truck. The wires were the concern for us...hate to cut down a huge white oak...but it was growing in the wrong place ...thanks to the pwer lines...I, didn't feel good about taking it down.....a lot of fire wood for camp....but a big tree was the cost. Just makes me feel kind of shitty.

bigz

I totally get feelin like that over a tree. I cut down some 5 year old poplars and felt bad. Kinda off topic but I don't know if I could keep a sturgeon either at 60 inches they're like 80 years old....don't they deserve to go back?? Jist my thoughts.

good afternoon,

it was a good day here,

All that was wrong with Barby's $5.oo snow thrower is it had a dirty fuel tank.
I tore the carb apart and it was clean as a whistle. I made sure everything was clean and all the ports clear and put it back together.

after I remembered to push the primer bulb, it started right up.

there are 5 guinea keets and 1 gosling, now.

the wausau park dept was going to cut down a huge healthy oak tree in the park behind my brother's house.
(over 48" on the stump)
His wife and another neighbor's wife found out about it and tied themselves to the tree.. rather than cause a huge commotion, the cutters left and the tree was saved..
a few months later, the cutters came back (without notifying anybody) and cut the tree down..
the tree was deemed a hazard to the people sledding on the hill.. and THAT is a story all in itself..

In the beginning, many years ago, that tree was safely 25 feet off of the trail,, fast forward many years and the park dept brushed out the whole park. leaving the tree on the newly cleared sledding hill.. DUH !!
they created a liability ..

I say, eat the sturgeon. if it can grow only 60 inches in 80 years, it must be a runt. HeII, I am only 74 and I am over 60" already..
lau.gif

.........jiminwisc.......
old.gif

I'm a fan of big ol trees...they take generations of time to become the big pillars they are.....it takes minutes to reduce them to stumpage with our power tools....reasons and reasons for cutting them seem normal...but is it ?

It's sad that they need cutting for any reason....stupid is as stupid does....trees are special growth. But no one hears.

bigz

good morning,
tally : guineas 8 goslings 2

I had to help a guinea out.
he would have died without help.
Might die with help..
we opted for the "might"

One of the goslings is mostly yellow. my adults are cross breeds, so some of the genes showed up.

I would like to put these goslings with my adults. but I am afraid of the eagle threat .

I got the second snow thrower running, I will deliver it today.

........jiminwisc..........

Hey all so I mentioned that we are heading to Mother Earth News Fair on July 9-10. We had some friends that were supposed to be going but they couldn't get time off. We have an extra pair of tickets for the whole weekend that we don't want to go to waste, we also have a hotel room reserved if needed it's a suite with a king sized bed and jacuzzi tub. The hotel room would be the users responsibility to pay for. If you're able to go or interested please PM me. We just really don't want to have wasted our time and money on the tickets. The fair is in West Bend, Wisconsin. Thanks guys.

Another nice weather day for all of us to enjoy today...sure beats the winter cold and the constant firing of the boiler here...
Hope you can find a user for the tickets cd....I'm sure it will be a great event to attend.
Birds still on lockdown...bummer for them. Fox made a quick run through today...running like they usually are.

Picked my first zukes today....gonna have my Italian dish that I love with them...let the harvest begin.

bigz

it sure must be nice to live farther south.

my cukes and squash are just poking up through the dirt.
beets are just coming up, too..
beans are growing nicely, but no blossoms, yet.

but, the grass is growing great !!

I mowed the nut grove this afternoon.
there were a lot of violets in places..

just had a chef's salad for supper.

I tried to put the gosling with the gander. that won't work. the gander can't keep the dog (Zeke) away.. and I do not trust Zeke with baby birds.
One of the goslings died.. he was just fine when I checked in on him,, 20 minutes later, Annie found him dead.

Is anybody here looking to buy geese ? We had a couple stop in and they have a few Toulouse to get rid of..

..........jiminwisc.......

6 AM, time for all you chicken farmers to get up..

I was outside.. If you have any outside work to do, Now is the time.. nice and cool ..

..........jiminwisc............

Back
Top Bottom