Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

good afternoon,

our internet was out most of the day , AGAIN !!!!!

I almost hesitate to type, because if it goes out again, I will lose the post .. AGAIN !!!

I took it easy today.. I oiled and adjusted the tiller.
now it should be ready to go when I am..

I took the lawnmower and reclaimed some more lawn around the last two pine trees..

Jury is still out about the wheat bran on the potatoes..

the cukes really made a good showing in the past two days.

we are expecting the goose eggs to start hatching any day soon..

.........jiminwisc.........

Last edited:
Nice afternoon for sure.....just finished grilling sweet corn...actually pretty good for southern corn.

Don't know for sure what the medicine is, but I haven't had potato bugs here for years and years...I did at one time though....nice having perfect leaves and stronger plants without them....my potatoes are always grown where they haven't been for 5 years. Ten to one yields are the small side of yields and mostly here closer to 20 to one.

Didn't make it out to the strawberry patch today, so tomorrow will be the day.

Glad your child is doing good after surgery dae.

Have fun..bigz

Nice afternoon for sure.....just finished grilling sweet corn...actually pretty good for southern corn.

Don't know for sure what the medicine is, but I haven't had potato bugs here for years and years...I did at one time though....nice having perfect leaves and stronger plants without them....my potatoes are always grown where they haven't been for 5 years. Ten to one yields are the small side of yields and mostly here closer to 20 to one.

Didn't make it out to the strawberry patch today, so tomorrow will be the day.

Glad your child is doing good after surgery dae.

Have fun..bigz

I have lived here for about 50 years.
in that amount of time, there have never been potatoes planted where mine are this year.. and before that I doubt if there ever were any planted ..

Nobody can tell me exactly how those bugs find a potato patch, or how they get there.. I don't think they can fly , can they ?

.....jiminwisc.

Gosling delivery completed.
smile.png
wee.gif
thumbsup.gif

14 hours since I posted.. no other posts ??
where is everyone ?

i drained the water out of the tiller carb.. now it starts and runs again. maybe today I can get the beans tilled..

our enternet service was out all day until 11:3o AM . today.

getting quite weary of this ..

..........jiminwisc........

Nice day again...Happy 4th to everyone, and thanks to those that served to make our Country free.

I wonder if it's because I always plant tomatoes by potatoes? Are your maters by your tators Jim?

I called the berry hotline...season is almost over for them...they might be done with them today....however the beans are ready and they have red potatoes....might just forget about picking any more berries.....I did pick a big basket of small zukes, and tomorrow prolly 6 heads of broccoli will need cutting. I used my push mower with the bagger to collect mulch for the tomatoes... I was gonna leave the ground bare around them, but changed my mind.

bigz

Well I now have half of my garden COMPLETELY weed free. I crawled between the rows and picked every one I could find after tilling between them. Now to do the other half. First though I am going to take the sets off of my winter onions and weed the onion bed so that I can replant the sets for next year. I have tomatoes the size of tennis balls already on the vine and the vines have not slowed down in growing taller either. I can tie them up one more time on my fence posts then they are on their own. Pumpkins are starting to develop. Beans are starting to produce. Going to have to have another batch of beets soon. My mouth waters every time I look at them. If anyone needs hot peppers hit me up in a while. I like to have several types to put in my salsa so I end up with WWAAAYYYYY too many. I even planted ghost peppers. Anyway, snack time is over so I had better get back to work.

Yep, the garden gets better and better with constant work. Pulled my 2nd planting of radish....I love them good and cold in the fridg with a cold beer for wash....nothing better!

What a great weekend for weather. Sometimes the 4th can be awful balmy.

Gonna fire up the weber later with venzun loins and shrimp again....suzie made the Italian dish with zukes for the veggie...is this heaven?

bigz

Back
Top Bottom