Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

good morning after the rain,
No storms here,, just about a half inch of water.
might get some more today,, that would be nice..

going to try fixing the slipping steering on the rider lawn mower.
I think it is the sprocket on the shaft.

really hard to get at. might have to disassemble some of the mower to get at it.

the wheat bran on the potato plants doesn't seem to be doing much. the bugs are still there.. will give it a little more time and another application..

no goose eggs hatching yet. not looking good..

.........jiminwisc.........

Hi All...been a while for me. We went out west for two weeks and it was fantastic, but came home with a double ear infection ( altitude really messed with me) and playing catch up a work! gorgeous stuff out there. Lots of chicken helpers to collect egs so that was not a worry...but my gardens...some did not get watered and died back (herb garden...boo) and some got water and the weeds are going crazy. So now I have some extra work to do weeding. Have not had time to check on the bees yet but thinking they will need a new box soon also. Always something going on.
My easter hatch babies are getting big...found another rooster in there...was hoping that it was not but fearing it was...it was! Hoping lots of nice olive eggers in there! Still would like to find a cochin girl friend for that roo!

We lost several limbs off of a tree last night. It has been shedding parts for several bad storms now so today it will be taken down. I also just got a text from a good friend. My hubby just spent 2 days putting a new roof on their shed and it blew away last night.

We lost several limbs off of a tree last night. It has been shedding parts for several bad storms now so today it will be taken down. I also just got a text from a good friend. My hubby just spent 2 days putting a new roof on their shed and it blew away last night.

the roof or the shed ?

Afternoon all, thanks for the rain report Jim. I knew they got 0.45" in town as I went to check the Monk rain gauge. Chicks are 13 weeks old now, don't imagine they will get any larger? Combs and ears are very bright. Guy up the road offered me a couple roos but I politely declined... I spent the day unloading and spreading a yard and a half each of dirt and mulch, planting the clearance tomato plants, and then unloaded a ton (literally) of rock. Steve stuck me in the truck with a strap, then a chain, then two more straps wrapped around the shed and despite my recommendation to wait for the oldest kid to get home, and had me pull the shed back into position. Slick as snot. Dug up a couple sections of the asparagus patch to transplant, found about half of the crowns had rotted, would explain why we didn't get much this year. Came in, drank about a gallon of water and fell asleep... no work today. Too hot.

I just woke up from a short nap. I was outside working on the lawnmower and I think I overdid it a little. I was feeling queazy .checked my blood pressure and it was way low. I usually don't take my meds in the morning, will have to avoid that in the future.

The steering sprocket on the shaft was tight, put everything back together .. now all I can do is tighten up the cables.. I tested them and they seemed to be what the specs called for.. but I guess not.. the chain must have been jumping over the sprocket teeth ..

I just took a cracked stinky chicken egg out of the bator.
I thought I could smell it early this morning,, there was no doubt about it just now..
sickbyc.gif

my tomatoes seem to have stopped growing. I have the Amish Paste . Never tried them before. might never try them again..

Back
Top Bottom