Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

We never have had AC here our whole life...but are thinking about adding a window AC here too. I just was able to deal with heat for years, but now we are thinking that we need to have one when the really balmy weather with the temps arrive...should not have to suffer with the high humidity when you can create a safe haven in your home....I know you know...but I'm a holdout to conform to anything, unless it is really needed...think it's prolly time to keep breathing..LOL Camp took two of us 2.5 hours today to cut the lawn for the first time....my friend Scott is just the best with making this task a better time.....folks that know me know that lawn grass is not my friend...it looks so nice there...unlike my place where rustic rules...just sayin...

bigz

getting closer to installing the AC in the window. just have to paint the other side of the board. have glue drying at the moment.
the mosquitoes got the better of me. should have worn a long sleeved shirt.

Brent, I resisted AC for a long time. but life is too short to live it in misery.

I had a Buick station way back many years ago. the tranny was shot, but everything else was good. more than once I started it up and enjoyed a few minutes of AC..

No lawn cutting here, yet. Priorities ..

.....jiminwisc.....

Fish Fry Friday once again..tonight because of the storms coming in we are going with baked haddock and oven fries and not deal with the iffy weather that could spoil the outside fry.
Last weekend before the bash...next weekend will be bash time.
Have a great weekend....
bigz

sheese, miss one day of posting and byc locks me out. I had to log in in order to post on here..

lots of hype about the storms today. nothing materialized here. still hot, muggy and dry..

my plans for no garden have been modified somewhat.. DD #1 wants corn.. today I asked her if she was going to do the work.
she said yes, and in almost the same breath she said that I should make the rows wide enough for ME to run the tiller through.. I will take the tractor and work up some new ground for her. it will be up to her and her friend to take care of it.
I have to work up new ground to put some distance between my corn and the farmer's field corn which is planted right next to my garden..
can't depend on both types of corn to tassle at different times..

........jiminwisc.....

I had to sign in again, too!

The garden is coming together nicely. I only have a few things left to plant - sweet potatoes, peppers, and some melons, broom corn (the chickens love it). I am trying to thing outside the box (bag of chicken food in this case) for other things I can grow that the chickens will eat.

Will someone please PM me the address of the bash...

DH and I will be heading to the local VFW's Memorial service Monday. The ultimate sacrifice of so many...
Have a GREAT weekend everyone.

I had to sign in again, too!

The garden is coming together nicely. I only have a few things left to plant - sweet potatoes, peppers, and some melons, broom corn (the chickens love it). I am trying to thing outside the box (bag of chicken food in this case) for other things I can grow that the chickens will eat.

Will someone please PM me the address of the bash...

DH and I will be heading to the local VFW's Memorial service Monday. The ultimate sacrifice of so many...
Have a GREAT weekend everyone.

I know how to get there, but I don't know the address..
Brent should know..
I would like to know it also.. I always miss the turn onto the side road..
......jiminwisc.....

Yep here is the address to Camp....it's through the gate at the end of Boy Scout Road...there is a house on your right before you enter our driveway through the woods.... N11605 Boy Scout road Clintonville, Wi 54929...coming South on Hwy 45 if you cross the pigeon river you just missed the turn off...same with comin North on Hwy 45...first road to the right after the pigeon river is correct...the old pink byc signs will placed where to turn off the highway...then you are almost there.....hope you can make it, it's always a great time.

bigz

They must have done a system upgrade; I was booted off as well...

BigZ, this was the best fff I have ever had..... Dublin airport....

B8AA9BFB-3897-4D53-BEBF-66CB391789D5.jpeg

You know I love my fish bl4...any chance you saved some for me?
Love the arugula or is it dandylions? What was the catch of the day?

bigz

Cod with arugula and the tarter sauce was to die for..... made with capers and dill! No relish in that stuff! I need to find the recipe......

Sorry, I ate every last bit..... soooooo delish!

Back
Top Bottom